OUTER SILL FOR LUPO REQUIRED

Rhysgrainger

Hi all. 

Im looking for a drivers side outer sill for my 04 lupo 1.0E. The previous owner crashed the drivers side of the car and had it cheaply repaired, and over time, rust has gotten to the outer sill of my car. Is there any way i can repair this myself or wil i have to search for a replacement part? If so, does anyone have an outer drivers side sill? Thanks all. :)

• Like 1

You'll have to get a thin angle grinder blade and slice out the offending section and then do the same on a donor car. Then seam weld all along the join. Then grind off any excess, prime and fill till its all nice again. Then respray. You'll also have to pump a load of waxoyl into the sill cavity to stop it rusting from the inside out... Its quite time consuming work.

• 1 year later...

H'mmm: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HQ-VW-LUPO-SEAT-AROSA-98-05-REPAIR-PANEL-SILL-GALVANISED-STEEL-SET-OF-2-Pair/273339723051

Who knows what sort of fit you'd get out of these or if they are over sills or replacements.

The 1.4s needs sill work as they are pretty bent up and rusty, probably just be making repair patches and dent pulling though.