To Lower or Not

Have you lowered your car?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As some of you may know, I have two Arosa Tdi's.

For 18 months I have been driving the Black Arosa with Eibach lowering springs (25-30mm) which have really transformed the handling. I love the way it goes around bends ??

The only downsides are the harder ride, the occasional scraping, bottoming out of the shocks, having to take it easy over speed bumps and the ball ache of jacking the car up to work on it (can't get the trolley jack under it)

For the last week I have been driving the Silver Arosa around which has the stock sport suspension. I hate to say it, but I really love the comfy ride.

Maybe I'm getting old lol. I don't like the looks but it's great not caring about pot holes, kerbs and speed bumps.

Hopefully the poll works as I'm wondering what percentage of cars on here are lowered?

Edited by wehey
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Sausage said:

Mine is lowered but not stupidly low and speed bumps are a pain in the neck, I have to slow down to practically walking pace unless i want a busted windscreen.

Mines the same. I'm just a sucker for the looks of a lowered car. It looks so pants at stock height, especially the front end, but it's just so more practical for every day driving.

IF you are having issues getting a trolly jack under and speed bumps, it soundls like you are lower than -30mm.

I had -45mm AVO springs on my Arosa and it was comfy and I could get a standard trolley under with no issues and go over speed bumps at the speed limit. It was how they should have een  from factory.

Slightly different with with my GTI on KW V1s though. Bought a low profile trolley jack, but it still goes over most speed bumps without touching. The secret is to brake and adjust your speed on the approach, not at the bump as your nose will dip and foul.

I have just been out and measured, and your right, it's about 40-45mm lower than stock. The Eibach pro springs were supposed to be 30mm front and 25mm rear??

Speed bumps aren't a problem, no scrapes,  it's just a bumpy ride 

IMG_3678.JPG

Well if you are grounding at 30-50mm and it's not because you are breaking, then you must have monster speed bumps!

...my GTI is down 80+ and I can go over speed ramps at 20mph. Not that I usually do mind. ?

Against lowering: Comfort, ease of access, insurance costs, longevity, reliability, overall costs...... Could go on for months.

For lowering: scene

I'm old. :D