Lupo 1.4 TDI Sport Wanted

Lupo_Belle

Hia All

I'm in the market for  Lupo...w00p!

Looking for a 1.4 TDI Sport ONLY - I'm not interested in any of the other trims.

I need one for the end of May so this isn't urgent but if the right one comes around can purchase.

I have a 2004 Carisma going if anyone is interested in a swap. The thing is pristine inside and under the bonnet and has just had £500 quid spent on it plus loads of extra little bits done by the old man (a retired mechanic). Its got about 9 months MOT left n'all.

I'm in South Wales but don't mind travelling to pick it up .

Message me if you have anything going please :)

don't rule out an Arosa tdi, there is only cosmetic difference and in my view the Arosa is a prettier car

this one is in Newport

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Volkswagen-Lupo-1-4-TDI-PD-Sport-110-BHP-51-2002-Diesel-11-MoT-30-TAX-/112275068790?hash=item1a241d9776:g:-FsAAOSw5cNYb714

Edited by weslangdon

bam.

fresco tdi sport without the sports seats.

recent clutch, timing belt, coolant flush, thermostat, brakes, suspension, absolute 100% strip down clean inside.

mot till august, all good.

1200. :)

@Weslangdon -  Yea I do like the Seat, only problem being the few insurance quotes I got on one as a test seemed to be more than the Lupo. Also I loath taking cars into garages for work and have always done most of it myself or via my old man. Are spare as readily available and the same price as a Lupo's would be? Are they really that identical?

@Rich- Have you got a link or some pics and whats the mileage? Any advisories on the last MOT, If so any left to do?

Cheers Guys x

Only differences are with the front end styling, mechanically if you compare like for like they should be the same mechanical parts fitted

Lupo's can have more options fitted such as a sun roof and opening passenger windows, on the downside Lupo's get roof scab but the Arosa doesn't:)

Ok coolio, what's the driving position of both like?

I'm 6'2 so little cars can be a squeeze, I realise these are tiny but don't care about rear seat space just the drivers. My Mitsu Colt was real comfy but the roof met the windscreen real low so was a pain to see out of without giving myself some major back pains!

1 hour ago, weslangdon said:

don't rule out an Arosa tdi, there is only cosmetic difference and in my view the Arosa is a prettier car

this one is in Newport

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Volkswagen-Lupo-1-4-TDI-PD-Sport-110-BHP-51-2002-Diesel-11-MoT-30-TAX-/112275068790?hash=item1a241d9776:g:-FsAAOSw5cNYb714

looking at this I think it's best avoided as the gearbox description suggests it needs a rebuild, its also filthy inside which tells me the owner is a slob

This thread had me wavering in my commitment to keep my tdi until it is a classic, I blame that huge 4x4 I just bought to play with but I will now go for 30 minutes of self flagellation until this thought passes.....:lol:

Mines a shed in black but has lots of expensive trick bits on it to make it handle and go fast btw....:D

@Rich - Nice one :) If ya do please let me know!

@Sausage - If you have the 4 x 4 then to make room you should really sell the Lupo...to me... at a fantastic rate :) What kind of bits has it got on it?

@weslangdon- Yea I think I'd only go for an Arosa if it was mint, i don't think I'm sold on the styling compared to the Lupo. I have time on my side though so will keep an eye out. I like the older Arosa's before the facelift that left the front looking all squished. Problem is I drive over 30k a year just for work so anything with high mileage that aint thoroughly looked after is ruled out straight away.

@weslangdon It's those tiny headlamps on the Rosa I can't fall for. Little headlamps are fine but they need to be simple. When they arn't they look like a squeezed version of something that should be bigger...Just doesn't sit right with me! Also I've been calling them the Seat Arouser for years and only today been corrected :( I think taking that big S  off the front , filling in that grill behind it and darkening the lamps would look pretty sick....but thats some work!

@Sausage That car is almost flinching away from you in that pic, obviously wants to be sold.......for a fantastic price. It's in black as well which is, in an ideal world what im after. Silver or white would have a sharpie taken to it :)

• Like 1

I have a red Lupo Sport 1.4 TDI. No pictures of it other than at night, and I've not been in it for a month or so so I can't remember the mileage! I will check over the weekend and get some pictures on. 

I vote mine, cosmetically it is pretty, been painted.

has pop outs.

cam belt and clutch less than 1k ago and maintained by me.

sounds good for a three cylinder pd.

@Rich - I'm only put off by the 160k, yea it could still go ace at that mileage but I'm gunna be doing 30k in it over the next year so might be a bit too much....BUT get some pics and I'll have a look :)

I think I wrote off the Arouser way to soon, I really dont like the front of it but could get a mask on those ghastly lights and a different bumper and still have money spare for what a Lupo would cost.

160k is fine, pd diesel engines last forever, I bought it on 90k.

my first Tt engine (pd diesel) had 240 and was fine, the current engine (130) has 180, It's fine.

I also have a pd150 car on 260k.

• Like 1