Silver Lupo Gti 6 Speed (Detailed Ad)

Haughts

Make:                   Silver Lupo Gti 1.6 (6 Sped Manual Gearbox)

MOT:                     January 2018

Engine:                 1.6Gti

Price:                    1600 ovno          

So I am testing the waters for selling my Lupo Gti (6 Speed) with an honest all I know ad.

I originally bought this not knowing much about the Lupo’s (Other than I wanted one) It was to be used as a second car that I could spend a bit of time working on and have some fun with, I paid 1800 for it in (I believe) May last year.

I recently inherited a bit of money and have since bought a classic beetle that I tend to spend some money on which is why I am debating selling the Lupo. Below I will list the usual Good and Bad:

Bad Points:

• Needs a new starter motor (makes classic noise sometimes on start) I can have this fixed if I do sell

• Door straps aren’t great, Could do with replacing as doors do not stay open.

• Bit of rust where one of the previous owner rolled the arches, this is just on the actual rolled bit so isn’t that bad

• There was previously a bit of a Gearbox Leak and is a bit stiff going into 2nd Gear – I had my mechanic seal the leak which seems to of sorted this and with some new Gearbox oil 2nd gear is a lot better, I drive the car back and forth to work sometimes and its causes me no drama.

• There are bits of rust around the car in the usual Lupo places bottom of the doors etc. – nothing major though

• I reversed off my drive and scraped a little bit of the rear arch on my friends van – its scraped and dented the side a little bit but this is fresh so there is no rust and it’s not really bad.

I’ve probably made it sound a lot worse than what it actually is, but one thing I hate Is buying a car and then having horrible surprises so I would rather be honest as I do believe in Karma.

Good Points:

• Just had a new MOT (15/01/2017)

• Had a full service (15/01/2017)

• Cambelt and HT Leads replaced

• 4 Good Tyres

• A book with LOTS of receipts and history (Even managed to find a couple of the old owners on Facebook who had great things to say about the car)

• New front brake discs and pads

• New wiper blades

• Completely Standard (Expect the wheels have been sprayed black at some point) Interior is all in great condition for the age

• No excessive smoke or smells from exhaust

• Pulls in every gear and drives well (really is faster than I expected)

• I managed to get the rear spoiler brake to work J

The car has done 157k this worried me at first and I did initially want to change it but after I had a mechanic look around he advised me that the engine seems fine and he thinks it would be a waste to change now as it runs ok, the engine bay all looks clean and no sign of leakage.

I am open to offers but please nothing silly, I understand it’s not in show condition but you have to really see it in person it’s not a dog by any means but just needs a bit of TLC. If I can’t get a decent enough sale I will just keep it and tidy it up myself over time. I have been looking on eBay for a while and I yet to see many sell for less than £3000 especially for a 6 speed.

I am currently at work below is the only picture I have on my phone – but I will certainly post some more so you get a better picture.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.