1.0 ltr lupo not starting?

daisylupo

Hello everyone,

My 1.0ltr 02plate lupo has once again broken down. Can I pick your brains? 
The drive belt snapped so we replaced it. After it started but it was very loud and not running well, i managed to drive it a few miles unill I broke down and now the car won't start? It turns over but doesn't fire into life? We can smell petrol so it's not the fuel pump and we have tested all the spark plugs and they are all working, not great but working. Also i had a new coil pack fitted in November and  we have checked the Cam belt and it seems to be in good working order. Do you have any idea on what it could be? 

I have attached a video showing that the electrics still work and the noise of the engine. 

Thank you in advance. Click on the link to view the video. 

Edited by daisylupo

Can't view your attachment for some reason says not allowed, you need to see if you have any error codes logged using vcds preferably.

snapped belt and loud after could be related to the belt like a seized pulley or it may be nothing to do with it.

Thank you for getting back to me, I have attached the same video except I have reordered it off my girlfriends phone. 

Okay could it possibly be something to do with the engine timing? 

Edited by daisylupo

So I've taken it to the garage and they have said the following. 

When my aux belt snapped some of it went into the cam belt causing the cam belt to jump back a few teeth. So the timing is off which made the pistons smash into the valves! Ultimately destroying my valves. 

• 3 weeks later...