Sony Double Din Stereo

if it drops in without any modfication i will be surprised, you may need a facia adaptor something like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Lupo-Stereo-Radio-Double-Din-Stereo-Fitting-Kit-Facia-Wiring-Adaptor-Fascia-/260797458234?hash=item3cb8bd673a

or you may need a cage http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Double-Din-Cage-Fitting-Kit-Trim-keys-182-x-103mm-Radio-Headunit-/250589223468?hash=item3a58481a2c:g:zLYAAOSw5dNWn6~v

when i fitted my double din radio I ordered various bits until i found stuff that i could use to fit it

wiring maybe another issue as there is not a lot of room behind the dash for big plus and cables

If I want an oil burner as a daily I'll have one. 

If I want to ride my unicorn on a Wednesday afternoon I'll do that also. 

The whole point of this is so I can learn stuff. And like Rich said we all have to start somewhere, and this is where I'm starting. 

So please refrain from being an asshat. 

Bang goes the theory that the VW community is super friendly..... 

Pete, I'm sure a good majority of people on this very forum have Lupo sports as their daily car. Then there's the people not on the forum, and maybe even the odd few people who've had them from new. Yeah they have their problems, but what car doesn't? If everyone got rid of their VW's as soon as a problem arose, there'd be none on the road. Every Volkswagen I've ever owned has had its problems. Regardless of the oil burning, she got a bargain, a price I've not seen on this forum for many years, if she drives it until it goes, it'll get broken and still make a profit. She loves it, she enjoys driving it, she might even enjoy the occasional oil top up. But we're all here for the same reason, we love our cars, and I say each to their own.

• Like 1

It was a joke you two, stop synchronising and go along with the banter. I apologise if I offended, totally unintentional. 

Just for the record I accept your forthcoming apology for calling me an asshat.

It may have been a joke but I didn't find it funny.

it actually really upset me. :-/ 

like ive never had to cope with someone being like that especially when I don't know them.

im all for banter. 

I also accept your forthcoming apology for calling me a spanner and implying I'm stupid ?

Glad we are besties again ❤️