Single coilover?

Had a knocking for a week or so on my motor. Turns out the wishbone bush has came out so I'm going to replace the whole arm due to the age.

Upon looking I noticed the coilover was leaking oil all over the place so I think its shot to bits. Seems that it's almost impossible to buy a single coilover anywhere? They're FK Highsports and it seems you can only buy a whole new kit.

Anyone have any experience buying a single one or can point me in the direction of getting one then I'll be forever grateful!

its a bit like buying just 1 set of brake pads, the expectation in that you always change both sides so brake pads come in packs to facilitate that, its most likely the same logic for shocks as replacing one side of the car will cause a imbalance with new vs old so most are available in in pairs only, I suppose it really depends on make, looking on ebay you can by single cheaper shocks but anything high end comes as a pair

it may be worth looking for a rebuild kit or a specilist that can rebuild your current shock and compare prices

Edited by Mobieus_uk