whats this 2004 lupo tdi worth?

aj1soad

im going to be sticking my lupo tdi on ebay soon and im just wondering what sort of price i should put it up for. 107k, mot june, just had a service and new inner and outer track rods. has the GTI interior. does have a few age related marks on it.

IMG_20161118_162010.jpg

IMG_20161118_162046.jpg

IMG_20161118_162000.jpg

IMG_20161118_162026.jpg

IMG_20161118_162055.jpg

IMG_20161118_162101.jpg

IMG_20161118_162351.jpg

Good evening,

I am sorry that this is not a post about what your car is worth (I want to put an embarrassed smiley thing here but cannot find it....) but would you be willing to consider selling me the dealer numberplate backings from your car?

Please think about it and let me know.

Kind regards and all the best,

Martin.

1 hour ago, Tourist said:

Good evening,

I am sorry that this is not a post about what your car is worth (I want to put an embarrassed smiley thing here but cannot find it....) but would you be willing to consider selling me the dealer numberplate backings from your car?

Please think about it and let me know.

Kind regards and all the best,

Martin.

its a forum to get peoples advice so i can ask what i want. what dealer number plate backings ?:S

On 18 November 2016 at 9:07 PM, aj1soad said:

its a forum to get peoples advice so i can ask what i want. what dealer number plate backings ?:S

@aj1soad

Oops, perhaps I worded that incorrectly- what I was trying to say is, I was sorry that my reply to your topic question was not directly related to the actual question.

The dealer number plate backings I refer to, are the bits of black plastic that are behind your number plates that have "Massingberd" written on them :)

Hope that clears any confusion I may have caused.

All the best,

Martin.

Edited by Tourist
To tag original topic starter

When you say 'age related marks' do you mean rust?

Trying to work out the value of a car is tricky, particularly when looking at pics... I've been to look at lots of cars that look good in photos that in reality have real issues. I'd say it's defo a sub 1k car at this stage, at the end of the day it's worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it.

15 hours ago, aj1soad said:

webuyanycar would give £1100 for it

Have you ever sold a car to them before? They go round with a proverbial fine tooth comb subtracting £50 for even the smallest scratches and/or blemishes.

3 hours ago, weslangdon said:

Auto Trader says £1790 in good condition but you'd need to factor in the wing replacement

Without meaning to sound disrepectful, IME AutoTrader price projections are for the most part absolute fantasy and frankly the above estimate kind of proves that. IMO If the OP even managed to get two thirds of that amount he'd have done very well indeed.

I dont think you will top 1K with the dented corners, I'd say it is £800 - £900 depending on the rest of it, sure you can advertise it for £1200+but it wont sell for that and webuyanycar when push comes to shove do not pay out what they lure you in with hardly ever from what i've read over the years.

Edited by Sausage

this one is local to me, it needs a repair to the bonnet leading edge, has no sunroof, no rear windows and no aircon but the mileage is low

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Lupo-1-4TDI-PD-SPORT-Edition-Factory-Satnav-GTI-Seats-30-Tax-/172378589898?hash=item2822908aca:g:vo8AAOSwLnBX9-RQ

a comedy price though

3 hours ago, weslangdon said:

this one is local to me, it needs a repair to the bonnet leading edge, has no sunroof, no rear windows and no aircon but the mileage is low

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Lupo-1-4TDI-PD-SPORT-Edition-Factory-Satnav-GTI-Seats-30-Tax-/172378589898?hash=item2822908aca:g:vo8AAOSwLnBX9-RQ

a comedy price though

You are not kidding its a comedy price. I could have bought seven of the 1.0e with 70k on it I got 3 months back. And my one is in better nick!

Trouble is there are two types of lupo buyer... There's us lot, enthusiasts who appreciate the car and all its finer details, especially the GTI and the SDI. Then there's the lot who simply see a lupo as a cheap runabout or a first car. Consequently GTIs and SDIs hold their value and the others don't. But I am generalising, and there are many exceptions of course!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=172414398115&globalID=EBAY-GB 

@aj1soad

How extensive is the service history of your car, full from new, partial etc.?

Martin.

Edited by Tourist
To tag original topic starter correctly, and to rewrite question more clearly.

1 hour ago, mk2 said:

Trouble is there are two types of lupo buyer... There's us lot, enthusiasts who appreciate the car and all its finer details, especially the GTI and the SDI. Then there's the lot who simply see a lupo as a cheap runabout or a first car. Consequently GTIs and SDIs hold their value and the others don't. But I am generalising, and there are many exceptions of course!

Now I must admit I fell squarely into the second camp! I bought the Lupo solely because it was the safest little car for doing the school run and nipping about.

I drive a LWB Relay which can be a bit awkward to park etc.

But having bought the Lupo I am edging towards the first camp!

Already laying the groundwork for "upgrading" to a "safer" model. Suggested it is a little sluggish for getting across a main road. Funnily enough the model I think is the "safest" is the GTI!

16 hours ago, jon_273 said:

Really, when did TDI's get so cheap. They were holding quite strong money until recently...

TDI's hold their value well and I'll certainly buy another one ideally with aircon but these are rarer than hens teeth and demand a high price. Other than that buy on condition, I'd guess the bargains out there aren't bargains when the work they need is factored in. Its a real shame the model wasn't developed further by VW/Seat as in many respects [torque, economy] it's a more desirable model than the GTI

I paid £650 for my 1999 poverty spec TDI with 190k on the clock in 2015. That silver one has got to be worth 1k+ or have TDI prices fallen through the floor recently?? That looks a tidy one, it's just over 100k.

Going by some of the possible values on that one, mine would be worth about 200 quid now lol

Edited by FlipFlops