2003 Seat Arosa TDi

Dblock

Just a feeler here. 

I haven't driven my Arosa in a few years as I'd given it to my uncle. He got it MOT'ed and it's came back with a few problems. 

Seat Arosa 2003 1.4 TDi SN03 VLW 

128,000 Miles

1.4 TDi with AMF engine

Decatted

Remaped

Longer 5th Gear

Golf Gti Seats

Elephant Hose mod

Electric Central Locking

Electric Windows

280mm Seat Ibiza Cupra Brakes

15" compomotive lightweight double 5 spoke wheels

Cruise Control Stalk fitted but not activated

EGR Delete and ASV removal

K&N Air filter

Whiteline Rear ARB. 

So fairly Modded but for power and reliability. 

Bad Points

It failed it's MOT. It's got rusty rear arches and sills.

The Car in general house rusty bodywork.  

The clutch has some air in it. 

Here is a build log of it. I'd rather some one bought it and used it for parts or fixed. I'm asking for offers and you can drive it until the 15th of December (when MOT runs out). 

Offers please.I will upload pictures if there is interest. It's at my Uncles house and he lives on the other side of the city. He also can't work a phone camera lol. 

Cheers :-) Located in Dundee Scotland.

Edited by Dblock

56 minutes ago, weslangdon said:

Is that the pretty very light blue car that was for sale a couple of years back, surprised at the rust issue given the chassis are supposed to be galvanised, how bad is this, generalised or specific bits that can be cut out and patched

No it's a red one. I'll be honest I haven't seen it myself just got the scan of the MOT sheet. The body work always had rusty arches from when I bought it but it's supposedly moved to the sills on the back. I'd be surprised if the cars where galvanised but there a ton of stuff on the car which is worth good money. I don't have a drive way as I live in flat. If I did I'd break the car and get my money that way but I don't so I can't. I have got the reg in the description so you can see the MOT sheet. 

We are lucky in that where we are in South Wales it's quite rare for salt to be put on the roads so the only rust I've ever seen on a Loop or an Arosa [apart from the roof channels] is on the front suspension which when all said and done is just painted steel

On 16/11/2016 at 6:25 PM, weslangdon said:

Is that the pretty very light blue car that was for sale a couple of years back, surprised at the rust issue given the chassis are supposed to be galvanised, how bad is this, generalised or specific bits that can be cut out and patched

They are/were galvanised as were most VAG cars of that era eg Mk4 Golf's etc (Corroded front wings anyone?) That in itself doesn't necesarilly mean threy'll never rust, simply that they're better protected.

FWIW I looked at four other SDI Lupos before I settled on mine, all of which showed varying levels of rust, including the one I bought. Two of the cars I looked at had sills that were so far gone it would have been easy to push a screwdriver through at various places :o Like you say, road salt is the killer.

Anyhow, appologies to @Dblock for the thread derailment, to the right person with welding skills or even a will to break this could represent an interesting proposition, GLWS chap.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rich said:

there has never been one, the tdi would easily win.

Depends on the criteria that one uses to decide which is best ;)

FWIW I admit that the TDI is probably better in most peoples eyes and clearly more desirable. Certainly when these cars were new it's the one I'd have opted for too but at 15+ years old things change slightly.

With my base spec SDI I'm never going to have to worry about replacing a turbo or fixing broken central locking and electric windows etc and frankly although these things aren't that taxing to deal with I take a view that lifes too short. At the heart of it I view the Lupo as a rather dull German box used to provide a simple function, getting me from A to B as cheaply as is possible and the less intervention that's required to allow it to continue doing that task the beter IMO.

The SDI is simplicity itself and  for me that's what 'best' looks like :P

P.S Apologies again to @Dblock for the massive thread de-railment.

• Like 2