Drum Brake Help

Rear brake is binding slightly...I thought it was a faulty wheel cylinder so I've changed this but its still doing it. I notice that it only does it on the foot brake and not the handbrake and that if I give the drum a tap with a hammer it will release and spin freely how it should.

Any idea as I've now done a wheel cylinder and regreased everything and can't see what the problem is.

Help appreciated.

I'd take the drum off and gently apply and release the brake (or get someone to do it) and watch it expand the shoes and then see if they fully return. If not could be weak spring, retainers too tight etc. make sure the adjuster works as expected as well.

Ok I'll give that a go. I only haven't done that as on all the stuff I read it says don't press pedal with drum off as theres a chance of having the pistons pop. But will give me a chance to see whats going on I guess. I need to do some more research on what all the bits do I guess. I didn't even know the retainers could be adjusted.