Lightning connector for VW Gamma radio

1 hour ago, Will Cheyney said:

Hi all,

Since Apple have removed he headphone jack from the iPhone 7 I'm looking to update the connects2 3.5mm audio jack adaptor I have attached to the CD output of my standard VW Gamma radio.

Has anyone seen a lightning connector equivalent?

Thanks!

Lightning to 3.5mm adapter (Comes with the iPhone 7 anyway)

lol. No chance will anyone be making a Lightning adapter for an old GAMMA Radio. That radio hasn't been manufactured since, hmmm, 2005? I mean the very latest, 2005? That makes it 11 years old today. Niche market to say the least.

HOWEVER, you might be in luck. If you fit the old style connects2 Apple adapter, and then use a Poundland 30-pin to Lightning adapter (i've used one for years not that I own an iPhone), they seem to work extremely well, despite there being a big thing online saying they wouldn't work with radios. As far as I can remember, they simply short the information pin which sets your phone into accessory mode, so all the music has to be controlled by the phone itself.

Unfortunately, I was convinced the box was like £50 but they're £200!! Buy a new radio? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-EOS-2006-Car-Stereo-Radio-iPod-iTouch-iPhone-4-4S-Interface-Adaptor-/350903451232?hash=item51b379be60:g:C6wAAOxy1RZSUvo1

Not what you want to hear I imagine, but good luck.

Note: There is another fix...... but it's not for the faint hearted my friend.

6 hours ago, Skezza said:

lol. No chance will anyone be making a Lightning adapter for an old GAMMA Radio. That radio hasn't been manufactured since, hmmm, 2005? I mean the very latest, 2005? That makes it 11 years old today. Niche market to say the least.

HOWEVER, you might be in luck. If you fit the old style connects2 Apple adapter, and then use a Poundland 30-pin to Lightning adapter (i've used one for years not that I own an iPhone), they seem to work extremely well, despite there being a big thing online saying they wouldn't work with radios. As far as I can remember, they simply short the information pin which sets your phone into accessory mode, so all the music has to be controlled by the phone itself.

Unfortunately, I was convinced the box was like £50 but they're £200!! Buy a new radio? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-EOS-2006-Car-Stereo-Radio-iPod-iTouch-iPhone-4-4S-Interface-Adaptor-/350903451232?hash=item51b379be60:g:C6wAAOxy1RZSUvo1

Not what you want to hear I imagine, but good luck.

Note: There is another fix...... but it's not for the faint hearted my friend.

How complicated does this need to be? Faint hearted?? 

" 'm looking to update the connects2 3.5mm audio jack adaptor

Simple answer = you can't get a cable with a native lightning cable on it. Even more of a bargain is using the free adapter that comes with the iPhone. 

Edited by cj1

48 minutes ago, cj1 said:

How complicated does this need to be? Faint hearted?? 

" 'm looking to update the connects2 3.5mm audio jack adaptor

Simple answer = you can't get a cable with a native lightning cable on it. Even more of a bargain is using the free adapter that comes with the iPhone. 

Very true. Only answering the question that was asked :)

Thanks all. I am using the adaptor at the moment but was wondering if there was anything around that I could update the current setup with. It'll all be fine as it is until I need to charge my phone at the same time as using it for music! :rolleyes: