VW Lupo From Saint-Pete (RUS)

NailTimVideo

9 hours ago, mattarosa said:

That looks great, why have you got rid of the bumper with fogs? 

Why :)

Firstly my car haven't had them from the factory.

Secondly it seems to me that without fogs the whole front is more clean.

Thirdly I've decided to make smth like rally lights on my hood or just make a bashbar with big fogs.

3 hours ago, mattarosa said:

Fair enough :) you should have fitted the fog lights, what are you doing with that fog light grill then? 

That grill now belongs to my friend, cause his Lupo 2.0ltrs (ABF & KR mix) have been injured a bit in accident.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

Nice little video, no action this time tho :)

Absolutely actionless, you're right.

Gonna repaint the car, install another wheel set, interior changes...it seems to me that another time I could film some footage with my car is may 2k17 before or after our VW Festival in Russia. With roll shots, action shots. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bought forged rims VSMPO Sirius.

15x6J ET38 4x100 and the weight is 5.7 kilos per each 1 rim.

Also selling my Borbets and going to buy nice tires...smth like Ventus R-S3 Z222 or Toyo T1R. For daily and track use. 

Edited by NailTimVideo

On ‎20‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 10:38 AM, mk2 said:

If you have the space in the engine bay, fit some inlet trumpets. You'll get maybe another 6-7hp. Very nice project. Good work :)

Thanx, and yes I am going to make custom intake and exhaust manifolds. But don't know when will it happen.

By the way, today bought fresh 195/45 tyres. Brand new. They cost me smth around 150$ (11000 rubles) which I consider very damn cheap for new set of tyres with 45th height.

12a79c1s-480.jpg

Edited by NailTimVideo

On ‎21‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 0:35 PM, mk2 said:

You can choose long ram tubes (trumpets) for low down power torque peak or short ones for high rpm power torque peak.

The question is about their intake diameter. I am looking for 34mm-38mm ones. Not 44mm blacktops or silvertops from Trueno\Levin.

It is considered to be 34-38mm just to make tubes not so long.

Yesterday received pics from my rims seller:

a7e79c1s-480.jpg

Edited by NailTimVideo

If the tube is narrow, you get more torque, less power. You can read on the web all about the link between rpm, torque, power, cylinder volume, air temperature and pressure and the speed of sound in air. Every cylinder stroke the air needs to be changed, and at wide open throttle the volume of air in the tube and head is sucked into the cylinder... And replaced. Its interesting science.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich said:

get a few engine bay pics of the kr/abf hybrid.

When I will see Alexander, I will make. It's not a problem. Or try and find some info here:

https://www.drive2.ru/r/volkswagen/1703370/

2 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

Is there a big difference when driving around? I prefer the black ones aethetically :)

Black ones with winter pike tyres, silver ones with summer tires.

Borbet's weight is 7,7Kgs and VSMPO's weight is 5,6Kgs. So yes, there is a noticeable difference.

From other part of our country have been shipped my spacers. Each one is 13mm.

5b6c521s-480.jpg

So that I could make the offset the same way.

Before:

76c521s-480.jpg

After:

476c521s-480.jpg

You can see that new 195/45 tyres will fit old 185/55's "shadow". It means the same steering and tyre rubbing while contacting the body.

My dad gave me his old (but damn so fresh and clean) steering wheel from VW Tiguan 2012. It is about 35 centimeters in diameter. It was used for the first 5000 kilometers and after that was installed leather one.

f93f6a1s-480.jpg

Decided to try to install it on my Lupo as have been seen here (of course these are VW Golf GTI's ones):

fb3f6a1s-480.jpg

And:

78bf6a1s-480.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...