Heater Blower - Not Working

steve200

Need some advise. 

Car went in for a cambelt change and brake fluid service and got it back with the fan no longer working. I have searched and found a lot of people have mentioned theirs have broke before on setting 1-3 and works on 4 max. Mine isn't working on any setting. :unsure:

Today I have dismantled the dash and checked everything is plugged in fully behind the switch, fan and heater resistor. The fuse is ok. 

To rule out the fan I connected it up to a battery and it spins perfectly. Would the resistor stop the fan working completely as people have mentioned it still worked on setting 4 when theirs needed replacing. 

Any advice on what else to check please? 

2 hours ago, steve200 said:

Need some advise. 

Car went in for a cambelt change and brake fluid service and got it back with the fan no longer working. I have searched and found a lot of people have mentioned theirs have broke before on setting 1-3 and works on 4 max. Mine isn't working on any setting. :unsure:

Today I have dismantled the dash and checked everything is plugged in fully behind the switch, fan and heater resistor. The fuse is ok. 

To rule out the fan I connected it up to a battery and it spins perfectly. Would the resistor stop the fan working completely as people have mentioned it still worked on setting 4 when theirs needed replacing. 

Any advice on what else to check please? 

Checked fuses? When my resistor went it did only work on 4...

Do you have a multimeter? measure if any volts are going to the resistor. 

34 minutes ago, cj1 said:

Checked fuses? When my resistor went it did only work on 4...

Do you have a multimeter? measure if any volts are going to the resistor. 

Checked the fuse related to the fan which is 49 I believe. This seems ok and I even tried a different one with no luck. Could there be a different fuse? 

Checked a few combinations to see if power was at the resistor but couldn't get a reading.

Cant think what else to check. 

14 minutes ago, steve200 said:

Checked the fuse related to the fan which is 49 I believe. This seems ok and I even tried a different one with no luck. Could there be a different fuse? 

Checked a few combinations to see if power was at the resistor but couldn't get a reading.

Cant think what else to check. 

Oops - ignore this ... Yes it is fuse 49. 

Edited by cj1

Not sure the best way to check this, can see voltage at the switch. But all looks good and new. Can see it making contact when turned etc. 

Might order a new switch to go with the new resistor I've ordered.