Lupo 3l tacho

iwcham1979

Hi guys. The tacho on my Loup 3L does not illuminate the fuel consumption box, so i figured i might want to replace it :) There are some tacho units on e-bay. I am wondering whether there would be some coding involved, and if it makes the difference whether the tacho gauges are white or gray? Tnx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Lupo-3L-1-2TDI-61PS-Tacho-Tachometer-Kombiinstrument-Drehzahlmesser-/252451020314?hash=item3ac740de1a:g:Z84AAOSw-KFXfGhy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tacho-DZM-VW-Lupo-1-2-TDI-3L-61PS-45kW-Bj-98-05-6E0920800D-270Tkm-/151999174453?fits=Model%3ALupo&hash=item2363db5735:g:WEwAAOSwFNZW1FsI&vxp=mtr

One is 6E0920800 the other 6E0919860, then there are different versions of both V4, V5,,,, Must i go for exactly the same as mine?

Edited by iwcham1979

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let me quote you...

"I had a look on ElsaWin:

Self-diagnosis of immobilizer, Vehicles 05.00 >
From model year 2001 the 3rd generation immobilizer has been introduced to the Lupo.

So, pre 2001 models have Immo2, which means you can theoretically code your own keys at home. > 2001 have Immo3 which makes it harder."

According to this, my Lupo has immo3, and the instrument cluster is 2000! Do you still think it would be possible to just plug and play the tacho? Is the immo a part of the tacho as well, or maybe it has nothing to do with it in Lupos? Tnx!!

• 3 months later...

Iwcham, did you ever get the instrument cluster swap sorted, or have you replaced the LEDs? I'm facing the same issue with my 3L - the light behind the 120 km/h isn't working and needs replacing.

Soldering them is not that difficult. Just need a small 18w soldering iron, solder, new led and a steady hand...

Maybe a pair of tweezers and a tiny screwdriver to help lift off the old one while you apply some heat.