Pedal box

daisylupo

At the weekend the price of metal that holds the clutch cable to the clutch pedal snapped off, it look like the old owner welded it! Does anyone know where I could purchase one from? I'm located in northampton. It's a 2002 1.0 lupo for reference. Cheers. 

IMG-20160727-WA0002.jpg

18 hours ago, mattarosa said:

Either way it's got to come out. And for the hassle I'd just get a new one. It's a lower dash out and steering column out job. The dealers did mine for a very reasonable price.

Although when the lower dash is off, it's a much simpler thing to do than it sounds. 2 bolts for the column near the top, undo the wires, undo where it joins to steering rack at bottom and pull.. Pedal box is equally as easy with a few nuts holding it on at the back. You'll break the white clip in the brake pedal, and VW will tell you you have to get the whole pedal, but one from a MK3 Golf fits perfectly. 

10 hours ago, JoeyEunos said:

^If you don't mind me asking @mattarosa, how reasonable is reasonable :)?

No issues with mine so far *Touches wood* none the less it's to be expected at some stage I'd imagine given I plan to keep the car for as long as is feasible/viable...

£250 all done with a two year guarantee 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Ianhunt87 said:

Hello

Ive got a 2005 Arosa and the clutch pedal has broken off, like the picture below - looking for some help with this to either re-weld or put a new box in? 

any help would be amazing. 

cheers!

I hear this mans cry and I too join his hunt.

As alas, my 2003 mk2 Arosa has also broken it's pedal box.

Where you at brother?

Edited by Emanuel Augustus