VW Fox Daily Project

CJRAKES

Just got my first car an 08' VW Fox.

The front bumper needed a respray so i got it smoothed at the same time.

Getting it as low as i can next, anyone had and experience with how low you can actually go with the car? I have looked underneath and there is about 120mm clearance for the lowest point under the car? Dont want flush or poke just a nice fitment. I am hoping to get some 15' banded steels staggered but i'm going to leave that for a later date.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

20160718_204438.jpg

20160718_204515.jpg

• 1 month later...

Lowered the car this week on FK Street Coilovers haven't been for a drive yet. I have been told they will settle in a few mm when i put some miles on them so more of a drop than in the photos, i also did a rear wiper delete for the Fox from KillAllWipers it looks ok for the price and also a delete of the silver Fox lettering on the rear. New wheels soon i think might go for some 16" OEM alloys. 20160926_090201.jpg20160927_181210.jpg20160804_162452(1).jpg

Edited by CJRAKES

• 1 month later...

Been a busy few weeks, had the roller bearing pop on both of the front coilovers think it must be down to putting so much pressure on new coilovers when they are maxed out or maybe hitting a pothole to hard i don't know. Bought some wheels the other day and i am more than happy with the test fit, they are Atura by O.Z wheels 16" by 7.5j looking to take the helpers out when i get tires and maybe take the adjustment out of the rear ones that should drop it 3" on the front and about 30mm on the rear.

20161030_165904.jpg

20161030_165943(1).jpg

20161029_182136.jpg

• 5 months later...

Got the wheels back from SmartWheelsManchester for a full powder coat in matte silver. Very similar to the colour already on them. Removed the helpers and rear adjuster and it sits perfect on the rear. Now wanting new stiffer springs for the front to go a little bit lower and to stop me hitting the bump stops. Custom exhaust within a few weeks, straight pipe to a silencer.

IMG_2335.JPG

• 8 months later...

Oddly my fox looks relatively similar to this. My fox is a 2006 1.4, so just before they went to 3 cylinder. I saw this fox at ultimate stance 2017 and loved it. I'm yet to lower mine and put a set of wheels on that I got earlier this year but the black stickers, dewiper, no border reg plates wind deflectors are things I've done to mine too. Would love to see you and your fox again. 

IMG_7093.JPG

Edited by Toby_Fox

• 3 years later...