Security

Hi all.

Im about to insure my 1L base model lupo and I'd like to know what kind of security features it has, it has everything stock as it came from the factory. Im guessing that it has some kind of Immobiliser but im not sure. Does anyone here know what it should have? I haven't a clue i don't know it it even has an alarm. Also what sort of things could i fit to it to improve security as this will also help to reduce insurance costs which are already high. 

Thanks

Lewis

No chance has it got an alarm, it's got an immobilizer and that's it. Locks? Doors? Glass? I guess. The base model is just that, a base model.

If you want to make it more secure, you can do that quite easily. Install Remote Central Locking, de-lock both front doors etc.

Thanks dan however i have now sorted insurance and on the road.

Skezza is there a post on here about fitting central locking? And where could i get the parts from?

14 hours ago, 1.0lupo98 said:

Skezza is there a post on here about fitting central locking? And where could i get the parts from?

There is a post on it yes. You can buy a kit from eBay. Would take you about 4 hours ish.

Thanks for the advice, I've found a post now and followed the link to the product it's not too bad a price (£36), cheaper than what i thought it would be 

On 15/07/2016 at 8:40 AM, 1.0lupo98 said:

Thanks for the advice, I've found a post now and followed the link to the product it's not too bad a price (£36), cheaper than what i thought it would be 

Just remember to do it properly. Make sure all the solenoids are lined up properly and there's no interference.

On 7/13/2016 at 9:33 PM, 1.0lupo98 said:

No problem at all. Maybe give us a try come renewal.

Regards,

Dan.