Remapping north east

Leonj95

Does anybody know any good remapping services in the north east for a 1.4 tdi I'm based in Gateshead/Newcastle so the closer the better also is there any way of finding out if it has been previously done

5 minutes ago, Leonj95 said:

It does help but how do you do it ? How hard is it cause I'm not very technical with computers and stuff lol 

I was very nervous doing it tbh but it was actually really easy.

Heres the info from the blacksmoke site.

http://www.blacksmoke.co.uk/DIY-Remap-using-MPPS(2740612).htm

I brought the lead, then downloaded my ECU file, emailed it to blacksmoke and he emailed me back with a mapped/modified file which I uploaded to the ECU 

3 minutes ago, Leonj95 said:

And has it turned out a good map what you've done and was it a noticeable difference ? 

It's bloody brilliant ????

Its totally transformed the car. I have done over 5K miles since installing it with no problems and a slight increase in mpg

Yeah seems pretty straight forward and he seems to know his stuff I'm sure I've seen them mentioned on this site before where did you get the cable you used from could you send me a link if you don't mind :) ? 

This is the one I brought. Bear in mind that it does come from China and your laptop will need to have a CD drive to run the software.

My laptop didn't have a cd drive and so had to find the software online

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMPS-MPPS-OBD2-ECU-Flasher-Remapper-EDC16-Metal-Box-Chip-V13-For-BMW-Audi-Ford-/262011928858?hash=item3d0120c11a:g:ym8AAOSwT6pV1J0w

Edited by wehey

You know how you said it was £55 all in was that including chip or like £80 including chip ? And do you think you could do a 0-60 test for me tomorrow or whenever you get a chance if you remember on cause I'm also still trying to figure out if mine has been remapped or not I tried timing it on a stop watch and got 11.38 and 11.65 so it's only like .3 of a sec faster then parkers say but I've heard some are faster then others anyways ? And 50-70 in 4th was 7.19 

You would know if it had been remapped as it is 75 bhp standard and 100 bhp or more remapped, in a car weighing just over 1000 kg it is quite nippy and the 3 pot tdi is very revvy little engine too.

A rolling road remap will likely gain you a few extra bhp more than a generic file (mine is 105 bhp currently), but not much and for many times the cost of loading your own 100 bhp file. The torque figure will be much improved too.

Edited by Sausage

I've never driven 1 of these before though so have nothing to compare it to ? but it does feel really nippy lol seems hard to believe a standard 1.4 could be this quick it seems to have quite a lot of pull once you hit the 2k revs 

5 minutes ago, Leonj95 said:

I've never driven 1 of these before though so have nothing to compare it to ? but it does feel really nippy lol seems hard to believe a standard 1.4 could be this quick it seems to have quite a lot of pull once you hit the 2k revs 

I felt exactly the same when I got mine.

Before the Arosa I had a 1.3 Micra which was supposed 75hp. The Arosa would whip its butt and I was convinced it was already mapped,

Im not gonna do a 0-60 because I'm becoming very fond of my new clutch, which was a right pita to fit.

The 1.4 sport has 100hp so I would imagine the 0-60 would be very similar to that.

50-70 tho is approx 6 secs if I remember correctly??

When I was looking for a company to map my tdi I discovered that unless you go for a rolling road remap, which costs a bomb, all the mapper will do is download a generic map onto your ECU and take it for a test drive, then charge you £300 for the privilege 

Yeah I had a mk 2 seat Leon 1.9tdi but only the 105bhp model before this and a 1.6fsi golf before that it feels quicker then both of those I don't know if it's just cause it's a small car or it actually is quicker lol 

I have 195 50 15 tyres on mine and can spin the wheels in 2nd accelerating from a tight bend or roundabout in the dry. 0-60 i dont know and havent tried it for a long time but it's much quicker than standard.

BHP per tonne, seat leon is 1375 kg and 105bhp so it is 76bhp per tonne, the standard lupo tdi is roughly the same per tonne.

some figures said 1500 kg for the tdi, so it might be close to 70 bhp per tonne and less than the standard lupo tdi.

If you want to know if it has been done, then buy the mpps lead and dump your file, load it in edc suite (search for it) and compare the map to a standard one (easily findable) look at the boost map, torque limiter, SOI maps etc or send it to me and i'll tell you. Dont mess with anything or load anything back to your ecu unless you know what you are doing though.

Edited by Sausage

Yeah if you are getting 11 seconds to 60 then it is standard, mine is probably 8-9 at a guess.

I'm selling an MPPS lead btw, in for sale section just listed as your thread reminded me to do so ...:lol:

Edited by Sausage

anybody had experience remapping their lupo tdi with awesome as I've seen their name pop up a few times and if so did you get a rolling road done too and what were the figures or would anybody recommend anywhere else ? Thanks.

Edited by Leonj95

On 07/06/2016 at 4:51 PM, Leonj95 said:

anybody had experience remapping their lupo tdi with awesome as I've seen their name pop up a few times and if so did you get a rolling road done too and what were the figures or would anybody recommend anywhere else ? Thanks.

Are you talking about Awesome Gti? Get your car mapped by them but don't pay any attention to their rolling road figures. Go on a different rolling road. It wouldn't surprise me that if you get your's mapped by them and then rolling roaded the figure would be something like 140bhp. We did an R32 rolling road shoot out day and the figures we were all getting back were mental, laughable almost. I've heard so many people say don't go by their RR figures.

It might have all changed there now? 

Yeah and I didn't intend getting a rolling road but just wanted to know if I do use them what I could expect and if it would be good but guess they must not be accurate anyways lol

Their rolling road was notorious for reading wrong figures but their re maps were always ok. They also used to do some good offers on re maps too. I wouldn't have a problem with putting one of their re maps on my tdi, they are a good company but their rolling road was very bad for figures.