ENGINE SWAP - HELP HELP HELP!!!

kyallop

First of all hello to everyone, I am new to this and will probably annoy most of you as I am sure this has been covered before. 

I I am in the middle of an engine swap, I have a 1.4s (75hp) and am looking to swap for what I believe to be a (100hp) 1.4 sport engine, this is out of my friends car and was a second engine to him so don't know much about it... Went to fit it yesterday to get it all hooked up (on my origional ecu) didn't fire no spark, then went to switch his ecu to find out it is totally different, so would I be able to just switch out the engine loom of his car (100hp engine) if so how do I go about doing this? Where does the loom go to? Thanks in advance Kyle 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yes... It goes to all the connectors, in place of your current one.... All the connections on the loom should match up with the new engine, should be self explanatory. It goes to  the engine and the ECU 

In fact, I think you'll also need to change the immobilizer and the key ring on the ignition switch as well. I'm fairly certain this is coded to the ECU.  Could be wrong, but I don't think so.