Arosa MK1 gearbox problem

CountryDinosaur

so i recently bought myself a 1998 Arosa and well the car is F***** passed an M.O.T with some welding and bulbs however i started to realise the gearbox was getting stiffer and alot harder too get in too gear,i had the selectors check and there fine,clutch is fine too,so before i go out and buy a whole new box,im praying someone could maybe shed some light on it? cheers guys

If you can't get all the gears in order while stationary with the engine off and the clutch pressed then you should probably look at adjusting the cable selector. You might want to check your pedal box as well for cracks.

Checked the oil? pref drain it and put fresh in if not. Look for silver shine in the oil as that is metal particals and smell it for burning too especially if it's brown.

Is the difficult gears only for a few miles when the gearbox is cold or all the time?

Where is the clutch bite point? Can you get all gears with the engine running as well?

Edited by Sausage

the car is going too get its gearbox and engine oil changed soon as the engine doe's need it,the gears are difficult all the time however today when i went in to replace my gator,it became a little more smooth and not hard too get in(replaced gator as previous owner had ripped it plus it was in bad shape) the bite point i'll have too check that when i get home from work tonight,i can get all gears with the engine running