GTI glass

LorraineC

All the correct GTI glass is thiner than that of a cooking Lupo.

Edited by Dubster

Will other model Lupo glass fit?   - I believe so, yes... 

Is the thickness enough to notice?  - In what way, in terms of weight or just looking at it? 

On 9 May 2016 at 9:55 AM, cj1 said:

Will other model Lupo glass fit?   - I believe so, yes... 

Is the thickness enough to notice?  - In what way, in terms of weight or just looking at it? 

Just in terms of look CJ1

My rear screen and both rear side quarter glass is scratched badly so want to replace them from an appearance point of view ... Seems easier to find other model Lupo glass vs GTI glass

Yeah, it may be that the glass is a bit wide for the guides in the door, I know the opposite is true, when I fitted a spare gti door glass in my wife's lupo s that got broken into the wind noise was dreadful as it rattled around in the guides. 

6 hours ago, jon_273 said:

Normal glass fits in a GTI door. I have one in my passenger side door. If anyone has a spare GTI passenger side glass please let me know!

What's it worth?

6 hours ago, jon_273 said:

Well, it depends on how we can get in to France without it breaking...

Well it's here anyhow.

You just need to hope I don't need it before you can collect.

• 1 month later...
On 12 May 2016 at 4:52 PM, jon_273 said:

Normal glass fits in a GTI door. I have one in my passenger side door. If anyone has a spare GTI passenger side glass please let me know!

No issues with it being hard to wind up or anything? Getting bare GTI doors and putting standard glass in them so this is a bit of a worry at the moment! 

Yes there is. But both of my windows have issues (the drivers side has the correct 'thin' glass. New window regulators were fitted to both sides just before I bought the car, but I don't think they have been fitted very well, because they are still playing up. But the passneger side is worse, and it actually does get stuck half way sometimes.