Lupo and Polo GTi Engine

Hi Guys,

Apologies as I know this has probabably already been answered a million times.. But can anyone tell me if a polo GTi engine with Gearbox will fit directly into my Lupo GTi no hassle? Is it the same engine,

If this has already been covered would you guys mind pointing me in he write direction?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Haughts

You are right it has been asked and answered many many many times over the years (but likely not millions of times though..) I know the answer and i could just type it in a few words, but then catch a man a fish and all that....

There is a button with the word SEARCH on it somewhere up yonder, it does work because i use it myself from time to time. This isnt one of those times.

Edited by Sausage
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sausage said:

You are right it has been asked and answered many many many times over the years (but likely not millions of times though..) I know the answer and i could just type it in a few words, but then catch a man a fish and all that....

There is a button with the word SEARCH on it somewhere up yonder, it does work because i use it myself from time to time. This isnt one of those times.

Lol I know you probably think just do your research haha :) 

no only reason I'm asking, is to try and find out quickly, as I have seen one that I may be able to pick up today, I have tried to search, but I'm finding conflicting answers... I just basically need to know if it's straight forward for a mechanic to swap, 

the one I read on here, I think it was tittled... "Differences between lupo gti and polo gti engine and gearbox" as you can probably tell I'm not that clued up on mechanics I'm trying to learn bits as I go.. But your few words to sum up if I can swap the engine and gearbox straight out would genuinely be Aprciaited.

Thanks. 

It wont be worth the effort and expense of having to pay someone to do the work to convert it, plus it will devalue your GTI as no one will want one with the weak 085 gearbox in it.

Whats up with your GTI engine / box?

Awesome... Thanks for the advice, well, there is the gearbox leak that I have posted about.. That might not be a massive issue to fix, but the engine has done 155k, in all fairness, it seems to run ok (as far as my un mechanical mind knows) deffo needs a new cambelt, but in general I can' see any leaks from that, but this is a car I plan to restore and keep for as long as possible, so was wondering if it would of been easier to buy a lower millage Polo GTi engine with gearbox, as it seems to be very difficult to find a Lupo one... Paint work and all that I'm fine with.. Engine stuff I'm :( lol

Well, time to get a learnin' then. I'm sure there must be some good guides out there on the internet to gain an understanding. Just start with the basics and build up from there, knowing how things work will save you a fortune over time.