Gearbox?

BioTriffid

Hi guys

Just have a question 

I've had my car since September and I've been driving it for a while now and it's hard to explain the problem.

If I'm doing 70mph the Revs are very high 4000-4500 rpm.

I'm thinking at some point it's had a wrong gearbox fitted to it and wondered if anyone could help me out. 

If needed ill get a video of the clocks 

Thank you

Kieran 

You need to find the gearbox code to be sure of what's there, There are many versions of the 085 box it could be

Trying to identify it from in gear speeds is nigh on impossible, even with a gear chart it's difficult because many 085 boxes use such similar ratios.

20 minutes ago, carrera-gt said:

You need to find the gearbox code to be sure of what's there, There are many versions of the 085 box it could be

Trying to identify it from in gear speeds is nigh on impossible, even with a gear chart it's difficult because many 085 boxes use such similar ratios.

I hope it's just a gearbox that's off a 1ltr or something because it shouldn't be doing what it is. I'll look for the codes tomorrow and post them with a photo