Heat Wrap

lupo1212

if it was necessary then it would be there from the factory. :P

The idea of insulating exhaust is to speed up flow and also keep under bonnet temps lower. The proper way is using ceramic coating but that is expensive so the poor mans choice is wrap. It's more of a statement these days "i haz performanz wrapz" than any cost effective benefit i reckon. 

6 minutes ago, Sausage said:

The idea of insulating exhaust is to speed up flow and also keep under bonnet temps lower. The proper way is using ceramic coating but that is expensive so the poor mans choice is wrap. It's more of a statement these days "i haz performanz wrapz" than any cost effective benefit i reckon. 

Understood!!

Thanks! Sausage....

9 minutes ago, Sausage said:

Pretty much summed it up in 1 haha, with wrapping your exhaust manifold / downpipe, you are more likely crack the welds due to the increase in temperature.

6 hours ago, carrera-gt said:

I've seen it used effectively on aftermarket turbo's where you want to keep as much heat as possible into ro the turbo.and you have a made up turbo manifold. Otherwise it's largely a waste of time.

thanks!! :P

7 hours ago, lupo1212 said:

Fortunately, I didn't ask you~B)

? You put the question on an open forum, and I replied.