Arosa slip ring same as lupo ?

Hi,

So today the slip ring ribbon broke on my Arosa so the airbag light is on

I can't seem to find the specific Arosa one, So my question is will the Lupo slip ring fit ?

Unless anyone has an Arosa one they'd sell me ?

Some people also call this part a 'Clock spring'

Thanks !

i thought they would be the same, no point in making a completely different part if it's in the same location as it's twin brother / sister

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Rocket. said:

Not exactly something I'd want to 'hack' to fit, If the air bag doesn't go off in the event of a crash for the sake of £70

It'll go off if you do it correctly. Not rocket science.

I'm actually repairing a clock spring right now. Looks like another nasty VW design defect causing them to snap.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:01 PM, Skezza said:

I'm actually repairing a clock spring right now. Looks like another nasty VW design defect causing them to snap.

I've managed to get hold of the plug from a Lupo loom so hopefully I'll be able to change the plugs and replace mine with a Lupo one so if it goes again in the future it'll be easier to get hold of a Lupo one rather than the Arosa one.

What a pain in the rear  

59 minutes ago, Rocket. said:

I've managed to get hold of the plug from a Lupo loom so hopefully I'll be able to change the plugs and replace mine with a Lupo one so if it goes again in the future it'll be easier to get hold of a Lupo one rather than the Arosa one.

What a pain in the rear  

The reality is though, they're not complicated pieces of hardware, and they're even less complicated electrically. Your car simply sends a pulse of electricity through to it, to check it exists, and then if there's an accident, sends a larger current to deploy it. Dead simple. You can't really 'hack it wrong', because if you do, your car will simply flash up your airbag light.

As I said, I'm hack/fixing one right now.