Best way to get camber adjustment on JOM fronts

tom01997

Hi all

After getting hold of and installing some JOMs this week and going for an alignment & camber adjustment, my mechanic said he couldn't adjust the camber any better than -2*06' left front and -1*20' right front.

I read somewhere on here a while back that using M10 bolts instead of the stock M12 one on the top of the two strut-hub bolts will allow a little more wiggle room. Is this generally considered the best way of getting more camber adjustment with joms? They do have oval shaped bolt holes already, so I wouldnt be too sure of filing out any more than they already are.

Cheers, Tom.

My 'temporary' JOMs on my GTI had to be fitted with M10 nuts and bolts on the top holes, as I couldn't get decent camber any other way. These are done up 'FT', been told its bit of a sod to do though when it comes to alignment....

Even if it's a sod, at least it fixes the camber being out - would you recommend it long term or am I better off just leaving it is how it is now?

Oh, and am I right to assume GTI fronts are largely the same to non GTI with regards to suspension?

mattarosa - sorry I should have said M10 bolts... and nuts to go with them :P 

Thanks!