garage sale

GeoffD

my apologies if I've done this wrong, I know this isn't the right way to sell things but I'm having a garage chuckout. if there's anyone in the north east who wants my stock of lupo parts then please message me. I will courier parts to you, but not panels. I would prefer people to call in person, it saves me posting stuff and you can see exactly what you're getting. thanks ,geoff

On 01/04/2016 at 3:19 PM, GeoffD said:

my apologies if I've done this wrong, I know this isn't the right way to sell things but I'm having a garage chuckout. if there's anyone in the north east who wants my stock of lupo parts then please message me. I will courier parts to you, but not panels. I would prefer people to call in person, it saves me posting stuff and you can see exactly what you're getting. thanks ,geoff

Hi GeoffD, what sort of stuff are you looking to offload?

Cheers,

Gary

well, lets put it this way, when my daughter bought a lupo I got loads of spares where I could and made her lupo into what she wanted. I've got a pair of doors,  a bonnet, front crash pad, front lights, a pair of mirrors and loads of other parts. I have new handbrake cables and the front indicator panel and clips. there's buckets of bits as I completely rebuilt our car just come and make me an offer. the panels will need work but not much this is why I want people to come and see because some bits aren't 100% but I'd leave it up to you to judge. prices are very reasonable and I usually provide coffee      geoff

can you pm me some pics of what you've got / what sort of price your looking for too.

Thanks

hi, grazza, as you might have gathered I don't look at my posts every day and I'm not very good on technology either so consequently don't do photo;s. (I haven't even got a mobile phone) I am however honest, so if I know that something isn't ok I will tell you. I have always worked on a haqgle basis so it's a case of you come you look and you take away, if you like  it of course.

I'd rather all this stuff (some of which is quite difficult to get hold of now) just went to a good home, price is not that important to me, but obviously some bits will command better prices. if there's anything specific you want then pm me by all means. I don't have any gti parts left though. some time this year (I'm off my feet right now) I will get round to clearing out all my stuff and it will be a shame for these bits to just hit the skip, so basically good home is more important than becoming a millionaire. if you want to chat about these bits then pm me and i'll give you my phone number.

if you want to pay me a visit then you'd need to give me at least a week to get these bits out cos you're not exactly local I wouldn't want to waste your time. always a cuppa involved though,  geoff

Hi Geoff,

I'm in the North East too and have just picked up a 2001 SDI so this post is of interest to me! The mirrors on my (Manual) car don't adjust from in the cabin, it feels as though the actual linkages might be broken and adjustment basically entails sticking your hand out of the window and doing it that way :(

Do you know whether I'd have to replace the whole wing mirror on both sides or can one just replace the mechanism? What colour are the mirrors you've got (My car's red)?

I'm also after a set of the VW branded mud flaps and a pair of rear head rests in the beige/cream colour, if you can help with any of this then gie me a nudge... Thanks chap :)

hello joev, the mirror thing is quite common I think I have two options, a part set of electric mirrors (you will need to find switches) or I have the internals from a pair of mirrors to fix yours, bad news on the colour though we had a fantasia green lupo so all of our bits are green. sorry, no mud flaps , but I'm sure I had some checkered rear head rests some where from an audi tt.  if you're interested pm me and i'll send you my details   geoff