6spd gearbox

I was reading about this on a2 forums a couple of months back, there's a conversion kit that is expensive, I cant remember if there was another option like the gti box, probably not, the other favoured mod for economy was the JDD bluemotion box with long 5th.

Why do you want the 6 speed?

Oh, ok there's this: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?25919-New-6-speed-gearbox-method-passat-11-onwards-MYP-gearbox

The GTI box just has close ratios so the 6 speed ends up similar ratio to the 5 speed, it's not an "extra" gear in that box, just more spread. You'd need to know the gearbox code for whatever box you are thinking about and look up the ratios to see if it will do what you intend. Also petrol boxes will tend to be more revvy anyway.

There's a tall 5th mod on the 02j box just replace the 5th with a taller one, (access thru the end cover gearbox in situ i think) or the 02r jdd bluemotion box seems to fit the tdi at least on the A2s.

Edited by Sausage
added somink

If you really really really want to do this . . . . . .

Use an 02T housing with longer ratios from the new generation of cars which now still run this box.

Use the bellhousing from a Skoda fabia tdi which uses an amf engine and an 02t gearbox.

build the whole shitty thing, change the gearbox mount to a GTI one and swap the tripode tdi shafts out for some standard lupo ones.

Edited by Rich
bypassing the swear filter.