bam engine in lupo gti

1an

I'm putting a Bam engine in a Gti, can some one please tell me why the engines always seem to sit low in the Lupo's, as it got something to do with the drive shafts, also will the Gti fuel pump be sufficient for the bam engine running at 265 BHP, I'm not new to this, as I've already put a bam engine in a mk1 golf, that was quite easy using the qpeg ECU and down pipe, the lupo conversion seems to be all guess work regarding engine mounts,  

I'd be tempted to uprate the fuel pump. Also as with any engine, the designs/layout with differ depending on how it sits in the bay, and as with any car that varies from model to model. I doubt anyone can give you the actual correct answer but the vw designers! The conversion has been done loads now tho so for a veteran transplanter you should find your way through it fairly easily.

The reason aim asking is the standard Gti engine sits quite high in the bay and most of the 20v engines sit low in comparison, if you could get the engine to sit higher it would give you better ground clearance, I know there is a issue with the gearbox and the chassis leg, if I over come that problem will there be any other issues

got the engine in position  nothing welded yet, tried to fit the front radiator panel but the oil filter is hitting the fan housing, can someone please tell me how a over come this

• 2 months later...

My gti runs 282 reliable with a stock gti pump also with the oil filter use a lupos gti filter same fitting just a tiny bit stubby you would need to service more often. And also keeps a good oil pressure 

matt