Fuel Warning Light

Still having problems with my instrument binnacle.

My fuel warning light stays on despite the fuel gauge working normally and tank fuel of petrol.

This might be linked to the ongoing issue with the rev-counter which still isn't working - it stays stuck on zero and never moves.

I have tried another instrument cluster to see if it is a problem with the unit but unfortunately (aggravatingly) no! fuel warning light still comes on while gauge reads max and rev-counter still sound asleep.

Also checked fuses which are all 100%.

Anyone have any ideas?

ps I found a post on another forum which mentioned the same issue for a 96 Audi A4 and wondered if it was an alternator issue??? What???

Get a kkl cable and vcds and see if you can do the instrument panel activations using that. The needle will sweep to max and back to zero then park in the middle on each gauge in turn. The fuel light might be part of your on going cluster problem or it might be the sender in the tank or it's connections.

You'll probably need a multimeter as well to check for earth, continuity and volts etc.

What immobiliser is it? immo 2 or 3?

Edited by Sausage
added somink