windows open by themselves

flyboy

Help! I have a problem where my 2001 3 door Lupo windows will open by themselves when the car is parked up. car can be left for some time, then all of a sudden i'll find both driver/passenger door window have opened. any ideas would greatly appreciated.

That is very peculiar. They're not live when the ignition is off. Do they operate from the switches when your key isn't in the ignition.

It might be a malfunctioning CCM.

Hi  Skezza  first of all thanks for trying to help.  No the keys are not in the ignition when this occurs, I've removed the switches out of the driver side door and they've still opened, on one occasion I turned the side lights on and this opened the windows.

I'm also having problems with the door locking mech so am going to get another door switch and lock assembly today to see if that helps.

Not being used to these electronic type cars could you tell me what you mean by CCM.

Sorry mate, CCM is convenience control module. It basically handles all the central locking and electric Windows. They fail very very rarely in Lupos but it's possible I guess.

My guess would be a faulty door lock or barrel, as the windows will open if you hold the key in the unlock position. If the paddle on the barrel is broken, it could be holding the door lock in the unlocked position, then the car will 'think' you are holding the barrel to open the windows. I have seen this happen on Polos before...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

My guess would be a faulty door lock or barrel, as the windows will open if you hold the key in the unlock position. If the paddle on the barrel is broken, it could be holding the door lock in the unlocked position, then the car will 'think' you are holding the barrel to open the windows. I have seen this happen on Polos before...

Good shout. Take the fuse out of the central locking and you'll soon find out.

13 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

The inner barrel is ****ed.

This is the problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RCL is awsome, did mine the other day, highly recommened if you can do it, still got to tidy my wires up but so much easier than messing with the keys, ive got mine hooked into the windows as well so winds them up when the car is locked

12 hours ago, Mobieus_uk said:

RCL is awsome, did mine the other day, highly recommened if you can do it, still got to tidy my wires up but so much easier than messing with the keys, ive got mine hooked into the windows as well so winds them up when the car is locked

Yup, same. Love the auto close feature. Some premium cars don't have that.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

How about this as we are on the subject of windows. 

Sat in the drivers seat, the two window switches dont make either window go up or down.

Sat in passenger seat, switch will make passenger side go up and down.

Sat in the drivers seat, IF the passenger side window has been opened by the passenger.. i can then close the window

i have replaced the switches and all were fine for a bit. and now this...