Remote central locking

Hi guys I'm looking for some help. I have two keys for my car and neither will lock/unlock the car from the fob. I've replaced the batteries on both keys and the red light still isn't flashing? Both keys will lock and unlock the car from the door barrel and will also start the car but the alarm will go off if you don't get it into the ignition fast enough. Also once unlocked my passenger side door doesn't unlock. I have to click unlock on the window switch. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks 

Use a multimeter to test the switches on the fobs and that the battery is actually delivering power on the keys.

Get a cheap kkl vcds cable (£5 - £10 on ebay) as they are so damn useful and see how many keys are coded to the car, it might be worth trying to re adapt one or both of the remotes you have.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vw-remote-matching.html Not sure if this is how it's done on a Lupo though....

If by red light you meant the key fobs then yes check them out, sometimes the remote is dead. 

If so, and i'm not sure on the VWs but you might be able to get 2nd hand key with working remote and swap the remote parts of the keys over and then use vcds to adapt the remote to the car.