Lupo Gti windscreen codes

LexG

Hi all

Ok so those who have a Gti this is the code that autoglass uses for the sekurit thinner glass windscreen..

8560agnvz1a

this is only used by autoglass ...

They will however tell you that it doesn't exsist and that there's no such thing as thinner glass..

then send them the pic attached.. And tell them they can phone vw if they don't believe you ...

they will then order it....

I've had the incorrect one (fy) glass fitted by them and it leaked .. I then got them to fit the proper one above , that one has cracked now and I'm trying to get them to fit it again... But .. They've just turned up with the wrong one .. Again.

image.png

Lupo GTI's use the thinnest glass allowed on UK roads, I've had my screen replaced quite a few times, always by Autoglass. I have always stipulated I wanted genuine VW glass fitted, and on a few occasions they still came out with their own Lupo glass.

The correct VW part number for a GTI windscreen is 6E0 845 011 E which retails at £193.25 inc vat. Its currently on factory back order (as it usually is!) so you would have to wait a few days for the warehouse to order it in. Don't believe Autoglass if they tell you that you will need to pay more excess for a genuine screen, my insurance company told me this is rubbish and they would rather a VW screen was fitted.

Mine is currently leaking right in the corner on the N/S, the water trickles in down the A-pillar so I currently have no carpet in mine! I was going to take it to Autoglass, but they have no showrooms now, its all mobile, and the last screen I had fitted was around 2 or 3 years ago, so not sure they would remove it and refit it now, but I'm going to try!

Edited by lupogtiboy

• Silver! pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

I've just contacted Auto Glass via their 'Chat' thing on the website, spoke to a guy called Aaron. I basically said that I think the screen is leaking, the car is not my daily anymore so only realised when I went to hoover it out, I've basically resealed everywhere I can get to where water can get in, and it still leaks! I was told they would raise a warranty claim and that if it was due to their fitting it, I would not be charged. He then said they didn't have Lupo glass in stock and would need to order it, to which I gently reminded him that GTI glass was specific to the car and would have to be a genuine screen (not that I actually need a screen, it just needs resealing). He then said that they only fit 'manufacturer specification glass and it would not have the VW logo on it'. Why don't these people realise that the GTI glass is different to a normal Lupo. I don't want a normal screen fitted, I want a GTI one. Then he says he will get a colleague to call me back to discuss this, then pretty much hung-up on me! Here we go again!

Good luck! You will probably have to fight your way as it's always the case with these big companies, but at least you know you're right and you can prove it.

I got two stone chips in mine the other day after just a 30 mile trip. Very annoying as it was perfect just before :(

• 1 month later...

Right, update! Autoglass came out last Saturday, one of their warranty fitters was assigned to the task. Briefly gave him the details, he already had an Autoglass screen stripped and ready to fit, which upon picking it up, did actually seem quite light! Anyway, I said I'd rather have the proper screen fitted, so he said he'd try and remove the current screen and reseal it. Lucky for me, I had a fitter who knew his stuff and was very careful removing the screen, which came out in one piece! In the corner where the leak was, sure enough it had been sealed incorrectly, the bead of sealant wasn't even on the body, just shoddily put across the corner, allowing water through and into the car. The fitter agreed that was faulty and set about refitting my screen. All in all about 2 hours max and it was back in. I'm bringing the car to work tomorrow to do a water test, finger's crossed its solved my problem and I can fit the carpet back in!

• 2 weeks later...

The re-seal has done its job and I have a watertight car again, now to fit her back together again!

• Like 2