Lupo GTI polo conversion issues

AndrewDH

Hi everyone, in the process of converting my 1.0litre to a 1.6 Gti engine out of a polo. 

Theres a fault code with the immobiliser coming up and the car starts up for a second then cuts out. 

VCDS says it's fault code 17978.

Immobiliser in the key has been swapped and control unit and im using the polo dials so it's leaving me think there's a power fault with the ecu. 

Does anybody have a diagram which shows which ecu pins need 12 volts going into them? I have one for my lupo ecu from auto data but there's none for the gti polo. 

Any help would be much appreciated lads! 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

So you've got the ecu from the gti, the immobiliser from the gti and the immobiliser/convenience unit from the gti?

Indeed Pete, looked up the vcds code and the only other thing they suggest is a fault with the ecu power.

Which is why it would be great to know which pins are meant to have 12volts going into the polo ecu so I could double check yenno? 

Edited by AndrewDH

The thing rich is on about is the convenience module, it's the only one there is. Its lead follows up the steering column and around the ignition barrel but the box itself sits behind the fuse board.

I don't wanna make you look silly obviously but I just know from first hand experience that the vehicle's main ecu for engine/body electrics and the black box you are referring to arent id networked. The pairing is solely between the transponder in the keyfob and the black box aka- the convenience module.