New engine

BioTriffid

Nice mate! I bought the engine and I am planning to change it soon. My 1.0 MPi has been damaged because the oil pump failed. It is hard to change it at home? I have some experience but...I think maybe I will not be able to done it. Should I go to an service? 

if you have a nice tool kit like i do then and a friend or two then yes its very easy, just make sure you take plenty of photos and take your time doing it.

make sure the engine codes match and try to keep all the bolts marked up in bags so it makes life easy putting it back in :)

kieran

it looks a mess but its all plug and go you cant get anything wrong because the plugs only fit the correct plug it should go with, some parts are/can be hard to get to or undo but that maybe diffrent on other engines :)

6f1e11d1-c5da-402f-81db-0a734a4aa596.jpg

Update

got my drive shafts back in today, the gearbox needs to be set up, i have a few gears but, no reverse, and it makes a strange noise when it drive's thing the gears are not sitting in properly, got a slight oil leak from sump