Lupo gti xenons

iSutehall

Okay, so I've owned my GTI over a year, and recently I've been having problems with the leveling of the xenons... I manually adjust them and within a few days they either drop or they raise themselves?

Would this be problem with the self leveling sensor on the rear beam? Or would it be a problem with the motor for the lights?

I think to correctly adjust them, they need a beam level setter like on an MOT ramp, and VAGCOM or VCDS.

11 hours ago, iSutehall said:

Okay, so I've owned my GTI over a year, and recently I've been having problems with the leveling of the xenons... I manually adjust them and within a few days they either drop or they raise themselves?

Would this be problem with the self leveling sensor on the rear beam? Or would it be a problem with the motor for the lights?

There could be an issue with the levelling sensor(s). One way to check is to see if the motor makes a noise with the headlamps switched on, the engine has to be running in order for you to check this. I have one levelling motor in stock (brand new, genuine part) should you need it. £53.36 retail, Club Member price £25.00 inc postage.

Regards, Dale.

Edited by Lupoboz

Lupoboz, will check that soon! If any problems might end up buying a new sensor from you! 

And Clayton, I've not used VCDS yet will try and get hold of one and see what it says! 

12 minutes ago, iSutehall said:

Lupoboz, will check that soon! If any problems might end up buying a new sensor from you! 

And Clayton, I've not used VCDS yet will try and get hold of one and see what it says! 

You need VCDS to tell the xenons they are being adjusted otherwise they will go back to there last position,