Where Do I Start? Lupo

Fru1ty

So I Bought a Lupo 1.4 (2001) , and I really want to kit it up.

What parts do I require to tune it up, for example, Turbo, Lowering kits and where from?

I want to increase performance and the look of the car?

Any links to what parts I should purchase  

Please Help Me Kit It Up

Has anyone turbo'd a 1.4? I'd love to see it happen. Fuel economy + some performance. 

You'll have to get a custom manifold and ecu etc. Lot of work but I'd love to see such a project. It's as awesome as it is barmy.

Lowering is easy enough. You've got your cheap coilovers which look great, but handle like crap. £150-£250.

You've got your good coilovers which handle significantly better £500 up. 

You've got lowering springs which keeps your OEM shocks so should feel ok. I think some adjustment is required to stop them causing premature wear.

If you're genuinely serious, I imagine you'll get a lot of attention on this forum.

A swap will cost about 5k plus the engine if you to the place near me. They're very good but they're not cheap. Can't remember what they're called but they're known nationally for their work. A couple of Barry bodgers might do it on the cheap but can't really guarantee the quality. I've seen some horrible engine conversions in the past. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1 February 2016 at 9:34 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

hi I'm gone be 17 soon and starting to learn to drive I've got a 1.4 lupo 1999 and I'm wondering how much my insurance is going to cost me ? will be a provisional at first and then full licence would have my dad on it aswell? thanks 

1 hour ago, Oakleylupo said:

hi I'm gone be 17 soon and starting to learn to drive I've got a 1.4 lupo 1999 and I'm wondering how much my insurance is going to cost me ? will be a provisional at first and then full licence would have my dad on it aswell? thanks 

Hi,

If you wanted to PM me your details I would be happy to arrange a quotation for Learner Driver Insurance for you.

Dan