Good insurance companys to go with?

Camrizzle

Hello, I am 17 years old, I have a 1.0 Lupo, I have lowered it on coilovers and got 15" alloy wheels on it, I would also like to put an exhaust system on it or make one for it. I want to do this legally and declare it but i have been told from my current insurance company they would void my policy so i need to find one elsewhere. Can anyone help me and tell me a good insurance company to go with that wouldn't expect my right ******* as a payment? Its hard but any help will be appreciated.

Thank You in advance. 

IMG_0260.JPG

On 1/3/2016 at 6:32 PM, Camrizzle said:

Hello, I am 17 years old, I have a 1.0 Lupo, I have lowered it on coilovers and got 15" alloy wheels on it, I would also like to put an exhaust system on it or make one for it. I want to do this legally and declare it but i have been told from my current insurance company they would void my policy so i need to find one elsewhere. Can anyone help me and tell me a good insurance company to go with that wouldn't expect my right ******* as a payment? Its hard but any help will be appreciated.

Thank You in advance. 

Are you not better saving the money and insuring as a standard car,  or just the wheels and coilovers? 

What kind of quotes have you been getting? 

Edited by cj1

CJ1 i see exactly where you are coming from and I Will take it in to consideration, 

At the moment I am being charged £1500 from Tesco Box Insurance, They are great because although you have to have a black box, when you pass your test, the premium doesn't rise what so ever and you continue to pay £1500. The only downfall is that they do not deal with ANY modifications. 

Thank You dan, I will inbox you a message now and contact you soon. 

Thank You to the both of you for your time and help.

• 1 year later...

If you haven't got 1 year ncd yet then you should stick the car back to standard and be patient until you have that ncd under your belt. pretty pointless to waste your 1st years insurance by having to cancel the policy for very little if any refund and then go start all over again elsewhere.

You will need to shop around and mods means doing it on the phone not on comparison sites.

AIB and Brentacre seem like good choices but pretty sure they want some ncd before they consider you. You wont find many recommending Flux these days.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/194706/adrian-flux-roadhalo

Edited by Sausage

On 1/7/2017 at 6:49 PM, Sausage said:

If you haven't got 1 year ncd yet then you should stick the car back to standard and be patient until you have that ncd under your belt. pretty pointless to waste your 1st years insurance by having to cancel the policy for very little if any refund and then go start all over again elsewhere.

You will need to shop around and mods means doing it on the phone not on comparison sites.

AIB and Brentacre seem like good choices but pretty sure they want some ncd before they consider you. You wont find many recommending Flux these days.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/194706/adrian-flux-roadhalo

Posted January 3, 2016 

:P

... Agree with you on the Adrian Flux point though. Wouldn't recommend them.