Nominations: Member of the Year

MattyB

It's not that I'm pointing out failures Patrick, I'm just trying to save ppls time and energy seeing as once someone is nominated they're into the final voting procedure, so there is no need to put the same names over and over as that is what the actual voting thread will be used for. 

And in response, I nominate patroddy, as I like his car and he is spunky, and also due to the fact no one else has nominated him yet...

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's not that I'm pointing out failures Patrick, I'm just trying to save ppls time and energy seeing as once someone is nominated they're into the final voting procedure, so there is no need to put the same names over and over as that is what the actual voting thread will be used for. 

And in response, I nominate patroddy, as I like his car and he is spunky, and also due to the fact no one else has nominated him yet...

Id like to re nominate pete ;) 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

is it ok to nominate more than 1? 

Sure, you could nominate everyone if you like, would certainly make things a little more interesting! Just once they're nominated, they're on the list to vote for.

Tbf I've been on here a while and didn't know how the nomination system worked. I don't see a problem with stating the three I listed above even if they have been put previously, as they had helped me out somewhat this year, then voting for one during the actual vote.

Just vote for one and pm them all saying thanks for the help? Go the extra mile and make them actually feel appreciated! Typing their name on a nomination thread doesn't exactly scream 'thanks for all the tight scrapes you've got me out of over the past 365 days'. 

But I take your point on board.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

Just vote for one and pm them all saying thanks for the help? Go the extra mile and make them actually feel appreciated! Typing their name on a nomination thread doesn't exactly scream 'thanks for all the tight scrapes you've got me out of over the past 365 days'. 

But I take your point on board.

Anyone who helps me with something I make sure I thank them at the time, not just at the end of the year with a PM! :innocent: But I just thought it would be nice if people saw others nominating them and not just one person. Just shows people value the other members on here!

I do know where you're coming from though. I've seen a lot of people sign up to the forum, ask a question which is often answered in great detail, for the OP to never show the slightest appreciation or revisit the forum again.

I'm doing fine Raymond, just seems a bit pointless with the same names followed by the 'I agree's and the '+1's. Did you end up fitting that new box btw??