Induction kit for Lupo 1.0

lupo_ro

^^^^ why didn't i think of that when i was going to do mine. only then i can see bits of air going in and not through the filter however. depends where you drill i suppose. 

I got my kit for sound and looks thats all. 

James

Edited by jparkes43
  • Like 1

I saw in a topic, Oldey do that for his 1,0 Arosa, he replaced stock one with one K&N model. He said that he bought it from internet with a very low price. But he was last online back in 2011. So i cannot get in touch with him

Thats the kind of thing that will work any cone filter will be good and a twin cone like that will provide the best sound. i'm not sure if it will directly bolt onto the throttle body (think it may be 50mm or 40mm but check yours first) but you can buy some silicone hose to make up a little induction pipe that will adapt the size.

James

Edited by jparkes43

Don't get an induction kit for a 1.0! Waste of money just go online to demon tweets and buy a piper cross air filter and put it on! It will still sound nice

Don't get an induction kit for a 1.0! Waste of money just go online to demon tweets and buy a piper cross air filter and put it on! It will still sound nice

• Like 1

or.....

just fit a standard air filter and drill the airbox.

Drill it pre-filter side obviously. Can't believe I've just had to clarify that.

or.....

just fit a standard air filter and drill the airbox.

Drill it pre-filter side obviously. Can't believe I've just had to clarify that.

What these guys said. Yes it might look a bit neater or whatever and maybe sound a bit louder, but at the end of the day it's still going to be a 1.0. Better saving your money really and doing other mods. 

Also depending on what you end up getting, it could make the engine worse off by pulling more hot air in.

If you're just after sound and don't care for anything else, drill the airbox (as mentioned multiple times) , and if you really want to, take the intake pipe off the airbox and just have the airbox, it's a bigger diameter than the pipe anyway and will sound louder, just might get more heat going in. 

^^^^ why didn't i think of that when i was going to do mine. only then i can see bits of air going in and not through the filter however. depends where you drill i suppose. 

I got my kit for sound and looks thats all. 

James

I can only echo what Skezza has said, drill before the filter... I can't believe it needs clarifying either, but here we are! 
Edited by cj1

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2015 at 8:55 PM, jparkes43 said:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-65371-kn-57i-performance-air-induction-kit-57-0452.aspx 

Hello. I have the 1.4 version in my 1.4 and its quite nice.

James

Hi mate, can you show us a picture and what did you do with the breather pipes when converting to the induction kit? Cheers, Luke