1.0 Litre to Polo GTI Conversion help needed

AndrewDH

Hello all,

First off, I know this has been posted lots before but honestly the information seems so scattered and varied and I'm not sure how applicable all of it is to my situation so I'm sorry for reposting this...please don't murder me

Anyway I've come into the possesion of a 6n2 GTI engine block from a local vw dismantlers.

My little (AUC) 1.0 litre has s*** the bed so I planned to do an engine swap anyway but then I got this engine for basically nothing. I know the best way to do this is to buy a complete Polo GTI that's been rear ended or something and begin swapping everything over but I don't want to buy one that's already sold some essential parts I need.

So from my understanding this is what I need now from another polo with the same engine code as the one I have (AVY)

Gearbox
engine loom
interior loom
ECU
radiator
fuel pump
front hubs/carriers/calipers/discs
and the ignition barrel.

Is there anything else?
How does the AVY fit onto the AUC Engine mounts, I think I read somewhere new mounts will need to be made am I right?
And also are any of these parts interchangeable between GTI polos and GTI lupos, just in case I can't find the part on a polo maybe I could use the GTI lupos. 

I've found lots of posts and some even talking about guides for this sort of thing but none linking to them and I can't seem to find it through the search on this forum (Probably because I'm not a huge forum user but still...)

Any help would greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Thanks so much!

Engine

geabox

shafts

hubs

ecu

loom. engine loom

Mounts are the same apparently

Sport or GTI rear beam with discs

Personally I would look for a sport (100bhp) or GTI, Don't build a car you can buy your spend loads sourcing all the parts from breakers I think people that do this swap have had a very good deal on a donor but people tend to break a lot more these days.

Edited by Gtsixx

Thanks a bunch lad, honestly would just sell my car and buy a GTI but got this engine for next to nothing and I've already poured alot of time into the shell. Its just after a full wrap. Bolt on wide arches with old arches cut out etc etc. Plus my dad's a mechanic so shouldn't have to pay someone to do it for me haha!

But thanks for confirming that stuff!