AFH Conversion

Amber_Nunny

So i'm after a bit of advise.

I'm putting an AfH lump into my Lupo Sport (replacing my AUB).

I've contacted a few places in terms of getting a full loom made up and I'm getting stupid quotes.

Does anyone know how easy it is to splice my current loom and that of a Polo together?

I'm looking at running carbs and getting rid of a lot of stuff, but figured if I could at leats get it to run as is first that would be ideal - then I can start taking away.

If anyone has experience of this conversion I've got many many questions!

I've not done the conversion you're talking about, but I did fit a set of Webers and a programmable ignition unit to one of my cars.

Megajolt do a complete ingnition kit for 8v VW's so if your running carbs that about it. You only need a tiny loom for that and you can make that yourself.

Only a few issues I can think of:

1/ geting the fuel pressure and delivery right fo the carbs, injection systems have much higher pressures.

2/ The instruments not sure if they run from the ECU or just piggyback on the sensors

3/ No imobiliser maybe no central locking

Yeah I know it should be pretty simple - it's just decoding the Ecu that's going to be the issue as I'm sure some of the instrument cluster is linked.

In terms of the loom, I'd love to be able to do it myself but due to time and peace of mind I think I'd rather get it made up for me.

I'm not sure what you can do with the ECU, the pin oiuts are on the web but no real explanation of what they do, You're going to take away most of the sensor inputs so that will put the ECU into limp home mode, in that case everything should still work.

• 2 months later...