Alloys/tyres help ...

Crazyspeedfreakz

Hi peeps I have a 2001 lupo tdi sport and have seen some alloys I want, well actually be waiting bloody ages for them and have found a set for sale and just had a few questions regarding fitment..

They have tyres fitted but think they may also be abit on the big side and I don't want any issues

first of the alloys they are : 15 x 7j et35 From what I've read on verious pages I thing the fitment should be ok I don't want them rubbing on the arch or hitting the shock so just need conformation.

Secondly and where I think there will be issues is the tyres that are fitted are 195 x 50 x 15 ..... Would this tyre size be a issue...

I will be fitting coilovers at a later date but for now the standard shocks are fitted.

Any help would be greatly aprechaited ?

Hi buddy ... That dosent tell me if I'm gonna be hitting the shock.... Also I don't have my standard wheel dimensions to hand so abit stuck till the weekend as away atm

Can you or anyone tell me my standard wheel dimensions on a tdi sport lupo... Or or comment on my initial question :)

Plllleeeaaasseeeee helpppp

6J x 14” Offset: ET43

185\55\14

The diagram on the right (in "willtheyfit") shows the difference in shape and profile, so you should be able to get a good idea if it's going to rub.

Not sure about the 195\50\15 on a non GTI, but I know they rub on a GTI if it's lowered; even just a little.

19\45\15 is what you want.

S!

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=185&aspect=55&diameter=14&wheelwidth=6&offset=43&width2=195&aspect2=50&diameter2=15&wheelwidth2=7&offset2=35#content

They will stick out a bit further according to that and be slightly taller rolling diameter.

45 profile is closer to standard than 50, but if the car isnt lowered much they will probably be fine.

Edited by Sausage

6J x 14” Offset: ET43185\55\14 The diagram on the right (in "willtheyfit") shows the difference in shape and profile, so you should be able to get a good idea if it's going to rub. Not sure about the 195\50\15 on a non GTI, but I know they rub on a GTI if it's lowered; even just a little. 19\45\15 is what you want. S!

The lupo isn't lowered at all atm but will plan to at a later date maybe I will just buy the alloys and the sell the tyres at a later date

And just get some 185 to be sure I think from what I remember been told 165 is a big stretch and 185 is non stretch is that correct...

So if I didn't want stretch I would need ?? 185 x 35 or 40 x 15 is that about right .....When u say they rub on a gti if lowered where abouts is it rubbing shock or arch

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=185&aspect=55&diameter=14&wheelwidth=6&offset=43&width2=195&aspect2=50&diameter2=15&wheelwidth2=7&offset2=35#content

They will stick out a bit further according to that and be slightly taller rolling diameter.

45 profile is closer to standard than 50, but if the car isnt lowered much they will probably be fine.

Hi sausage.... Not lowered at all at the moment ideally wanting to fit some coilovers later next year maybe once it warms up :) but I have been waiting for these alloys for some time, the tyres are Basicly new and a good brand just a shame the tyres are slightly out fitmen wise....

Hi buddy ... That dosent tell me if I'm gonna be hitting the shock.... Also I don't have my standard wheel dimensions to hand so abit stuck till the weekend as away atm

Can you or anyone tell me my standard wheel dimensions on a tdi sport lupo... Or or comment on my initial question :)

Plllleeeaaasseeeee helpppp

I've just Google'd exactly what you wrote and got the answer to the standard wheel dimensions right at the top of the page. This shows the wheel variatons, but the 6J Sport wheels were also on the TDI...

Image6_zpsisbpbgeq.jpg

In fact, someone has covered the topic on CL before...

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/62941-information-lupo-oem-standardaccessory-wheels/

So with this information, you can just type your current setup and new setup into www.willtheyfit.com and see what difference the new wheel makes. It not only shows how much bigger/smaller the new wheel is and how this might effect rolling diameter and you speedo, it also shows you if the wheel sticks out from the arches more/less and if it is closer or further from the suspension strut.