Lupo GTi brakes sticking ? (Maybe?)

A_dinsdale

Hi there I've owned my Lupo GTi for about 10months now, I replaced the discs and pads all the way round a while a go now and today the car has started to make a horrible noise when I pull away, sort of sounds like the brakes when you press them at low speeds... It's not a squeak it's more of a judder? So I jacked it up and tried spinning the front wheels (not in gear with the engine running) and the wheels span about 1/4 turn then stopped them self is this normal ?! I'm a boat mechanic not a car mechanic so excuse me if I'm not 100% clear.

Any help much appreciated cheers

Perhaps check there is no stone chip or debris caught in the pad. If the discs are relatively new it would be obvious if there was a new score mark. There is no substitute for taking the wheels off & having a good look. Is the car demonstrating any other symptoms?

I have this on the rears. I changed dics's pads and calipers and even handbrake cables and still got it. Sounds like it's sticking which I thought was handbrake cable but even after hanging them I'm still getting it. So confused!