Dan's Spanish Armada

Trx 33

Presents

28914016115_1be1422686_b.jpg

28298468053_c556e976e5_b.jpg

D-d-d-decat  :thumbsup:

28296245794_6d653c3b27_b.jpg

And a little bit of beading. Quite impressed after about 250 miles that its as clean as it is, i used Waxaddict's fo'show spray wax just for a quick bit of protection instead of going balls deep with the usual hard wax and i'm liking what i'm seeing. Definitely not replacing the hard stuff but for a quick wash every now and again, i think i have a new addition to the routine.

• 2 weeks later...

Ill be keeping the deets a secret until i have everything ironed out.. which will probably be a little bit because i need to buy a pair of new headlights and i'm broke.

A little bit of wonder and intrigue never hurt anyone :thumbsup:

All i'll say is that the OEM lights are sealed with permaseal which makes them a right pain to open. I've test fitted and fired up one of the projectors and its alright, i wasn't expecting much but for £60 so i'm not complaining.

Aside from that i got my hands on a set of GTI pedals.

28806863164_e31afe2037_b.jpg

Quick polish and they're good as new

29351146951_b2983255a2_b.jpg

Excuse the filthy mat :sweating:

Its pretty simple in theory, split the headlight, remove the reflector cup and fit the whole projector unit using the H7 adaptor plate and re-assemble. But nothing ever goes that smoothly aha

• 3 weeks later...

Been a little while on updating but i'm working on retrofitting heated electric mirrors, just waiting on wire/terminals and whatever then i can mock up a loom, i already have the door looms, mirrors and switch.

Headlight retrofit wise, nothing has changed, I've decided i need new lights so it might be a little while before i can afford those. 

And a little bit on the old personal life, I've just quit my current job in favor of an apprenticeship, so money will be REALLY tight for the next few years; But at the end of it (hopefully) i'll be a qualified auto electrician which is leaps and bounds for my career.

Oh, and i deleted my center silencer and got some OEM roof bars too. B)

29754749731_fdc07673c2_b.jpg

If you've got the patience (and a wiring diagram) then yes, its quite literally plug and play, the heated element involves a bit of splicing and the addition of a new fuse in the fuse box though.

If you have the door looms then all you need to do is run the control wires directly from the a-pillar interconnect to the switch, then splice live, ground and illumination wires to the switch. 

Easy peasy.

Unless somebody fudged up in the factory then you will have standard door looms, I bought GTI looms and fitted them which was pleasantly unchallenging, even though I have a pair of looms in the sport I'm my back yard. Easier just to buy a pair as they were going cheap on eBay and I'm lazy. 

The door looms for heated electric mirrors will have a connector plug that dangles in the cavity behind the lower door cards, just next to the speaker. This connects to the mirror which has some plastic channeling that clears and secures the wires from the window mechanism.

In the a pillar interconnects there will be three pins in the blue block occupied (1,6,7) and two in the black (1,5). Easiest way to check on the off chance you have the looms is to pull the passenger kick panel and take a look at the blocks.

I may write up a how to if many other people would like to do this retrofit as I've found next to no info regarding electric mirror retrofitting? 

• 3 weeks later...