Front brake change advice?

cj1

I've changed the rear beam on my 1.0 Lupo to a GTI one complete with the GTI discs and calipers... and now I'd like to upgrade the front brakes..

It's being used for rallying and I'm potentially looking at an engine upgrade at some point in the future, so it is a worthwhile investment before I get the usual question of "why on a 1.0 " ..

So the question is:

1. Will GTI front discs & calipers just bolt on? Or do you definitely need to change the hubs as well
  2. G60 brake conversion, out of the question?
  3. Or what other recommendations?

Cheers :)

Edited by cj1

1. No they wouldn't just bolt on, you will need full hub as 1.0 hubs have carriers built in.

2. Once converted to gti hubs, I believe you only need the g60 carrier to have larger discs.

3. Not sure :/

Hope that helps a little :)

Im not entirely sure on the Polo GTi hubs....

Lupo sport hubs will work, although I believe the callipers are slightly different as the sport and Lupo GTI use different size pads (GTI pads slightly thicker)

Will GTI callipers work on lupo sport hubs... I wouldn't see why not?

I did this conversion using Lupo Sport Hubs and carriers

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/99770-jamess-lupo-ketty/

Don't see why you'd need anything more than the Sport brakes, much cheaper than the the GTi set up and it's very easy to over brake a light weight car like a lupo especially on relatively narrow rally rubber. You're not trying to stop much mass as the 1.0 is not that heavy.

In all honesty I hadn't even considered the Lupo sport brakes, I'm not sure why. I will look into that option then, you're right that ir doesn't matter that much for the car, especially now it's lost so much weight!

Thanks for all the advice :-)