Lupo 1.4s Flashing Oil Light

Recently bought my Lupo and it runs/sounds fine although it seems to run at quite a high rpm (3000 at 60). The reason why I am posting is my oil light has started flashing red, it doesn't do this constantly but seems to be once I've been driving for a bit and then slow down, either round corners or a roundabout the light flashes for a bit and then disappears, I've read a few threads where they mention a dodgy oil pressure switch? Because its intermittent and all sounds fine I'm not panicking but just after some advice on how to solve

Welcome to Lupo ownership.

I generally find this is the point where you need rings.

Due to the fact that it runs at such a high rpm they tend to wear out the crappy thin rings (cheapskate vag) and use oil.

You can keep topping it up and you can also go through the **** of simple fixes if you like but the inevitable is that you're going to need to replace the piston rings.

How long does the light stay on for when starting from cold?

Assuming you arent using oil (and the light coming on from low oil level in the bends) like Rich said, then worn oil pump, clogged oil pickup.

Check your oil level, if it's low put thicker oil in it.

• 2 weeks later...