Lewis' Soft Blue Lupo

Lewiss_Lupo

Realised its been a while again... so since last time I've not done too much apart from install my new bags and new wheels, which are now up for sale!?

Heres a few pictures to keep you occupied while we all wait for something interesting to happen... and yes, I know my cars facing the same way in every picture!?

IMG_1726.JPG.0df8fb1c9db05914baf7f3158576243f.JPGIMG_1997.thumb.JPG.5a516f72fa8130a716dbb9c7c7ba676f.JPGIMG_2004.thumb.JPG.9fe0553e2c223db28a537f9c4a710db2.JPGIMG_1918.thumb.JPG.8b68ec55b8e2b72246f02253a00b3673.JPGIMG_1967.thumb.JPG.34915dc0ed62b77ecf3437f241c41780.JPGIMG_1966.thumb.JPG.4683a08f0240a3fe83b627da95ca3a69.JPG

35 minutes ago, Rich said:

buy a wing already 

It doesnt need a new wing? The wings in good condition, just needs the damage repairing but i’ll sort it when i have time and money to do so! Theres things that need doing that are more than a bit of missing paint!

2 hours ago, Rich said:

buying a good wing will be cheaper than paint and it just bolts on.

It might be but im going back to college soon to do vehicle accident repair and bodywork stuff so i’ll sort it out soon! Saves me buying more parts, plus i kind of like my sticker!?

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Andrew1971 said:

looking good. Keep up the good work.

Andrew

Thanks, it'll only get better from now! ☺️

1 hour ago, mk2 said:

@Lewiss_Lupo do you have a big sticker across your back window? May have spotted you around heathrow a few weeks back...

Its been off the road since the start of October, I just forgot to update this at the time, also I'm from Nottingham about 3 hours away so it definitely wouldn't have been me!

• 1 month later...

Not a lot happening with the Lupo currently..

Got my new seats, got to figure out how to mount them and then get them sent off for a retrim!

Sport bumper has been dropped off with a friend for smoothing along with a couple other bits and pieces for some work!

Interior is currently all over the place and in a bit of a state but that’ll be cleaned up when the door cards and seats are trimmed and i’ve sorted out a new boot build and fitted the air suspension again!😅

Using my friends Unit next month to get a few things painted ready for putting it all back together over the summer and then its time to save for some nice wheels!👀

No pictures im afraid, for some reason my images are ‘too large’ to post on the page.. dont know if anyone else is having trouble with this or if its just me!🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Download a resizing app

Ahh never thought of that! Cheers!

• 7 months later...

Bit of an update on the way, lacking in pictures though so I'll sort that out soon!

Going to try and start using this a bit more so I can log all the stuff I do...

So last September I decided to go back to college and have a go at vehicle bodywork and paint and its fair to say, I'm not too bad at it.. currently on my second year now doing level 3 and I'm loving it, painted plenty of the Lupo's parts already and college even has a sand blasting machine which is super fun to use. Anyway, in April I took over a small unit from my friend and last month another friend moved in with me and her Lupo is now stored there with mine.

Back to the Lupo...

Its been off the road for a year now and its been living in my unit for about 3 weeks, interior is an absolute s**t show but it will all be sorted one day, currently got no dash, no trims or anything, just headlining, drivers seat and a false floor in the back. The car is on axle stands all round and the only thing left on the underside is brake and fuel lines, fuel tank and rear beam is held on with 2 bolts, ready to come off at the weekend. To keep me occupied on my free time and at weekends, I've been stripping the suspension right down, all bolts are labelled and bagged up and everything on the underside is being cleaned up so its all nice and fresh. Since I don't have much money or earn much at all only working part time, I'm doing as much as I can on the car by myself and with friends, with the aim of getting it ready for VW Days over in France in June 2020.. no pressure..

Ok, so ignore the back wall and how sketchy it looks.. we'll probably make it nice one day but it'll do for now! But thats both our cars in, I have storage for all my paint and stuff on the other side across from my car.

277DC6C9-EBC9-4528-AD5E-1BD9EA572C0D.thumb.jpg.7f724c2dc4622d70f0ac3eb706420219.jpg

This was when we got the dash out, fairly easy job from the looks of things.. I just made tea and coffee for everyone as I wasn't looking forward to it...

IMG_0921.thumb.JPG.ad0d2f67925ac9a017620675a1bf5e93.JPG

And here we have a floating Lupo with no front end...

72595093-BD16-40B8-B7B9-D8F06E3F15D4.thumb.jpg.df717ac2cfcd717d192b43329d85f8e0.jpg

Thanks for reading, I'll be sure to update this more often as I get stuff done!😄

On 11/7/2019 at 10:22 PM, mk2 said:

Are you going to be doing a restoration job or alterations as needed?

Pretty much Just a bit of a restoration job, doing what I can myself but I'm happy with progress so far!

Excellent! Part of the CL restoration team... :) You'll be looking for the tiny plastic bits next. Strut tower caps, screw head caps and passenger seat material from scrap cars in Germany.

• 3 months later...

Once again, I've forgotten to update this as I go along with things on the Lupo, will update with pictures when I get more time but for now I'll just have to write down all the things I've done.. or at least what I can remember!😅

So rear beam. and subframe were removed and taken to a sandblaster, fully blasted and given back to me where I then etch primed them and gave them a few coats of high build primer before painting them gloss black, all the other components from the underside have been taken to college and I've prepped them either in the smaller sandblasting machine or by hand were I can, prepped and painted in a metallic silver which looks lovely.. shame no one will really see it but at least its all clean, shiny and protected for longer now!😄

Bought some BBS RM012's a few months back and they just sat under my bed to collect dust, I stripped one down each night, used a wire brush on a drill to strip the silicone sealant then prepped all the barrels/faces and took them to college to paint. They were by far the hardest thing I've ever had to paint so far but it was a good experience and definitely taught me a few things while doing them, super happy with how they turned out too so that makes it all worth it!

Underside has been half prepped for a while now and I've just been putting it off for ages while I get other things done, which isn't great since I'm delaying myself from actually getting the bags back on and the car on the floor again but I'll continue with that after Ultimate Dubs next weekend, might have an extra pair of hands to help which would be handy.. pun intended.. all it needs is the front arches and floor panel stripping and prepping for the raptor liner and a few bits of rust cleaning up.

Picked up a Lupo GTI spoiler off a friend a few weeks ago for a steal at £50, I then went on to smooth out the brake light hole and then got a bit of inspiration from another Lupo with a custom extended/ducktail style spoiler... guess we'll wait and see how that turns out but I'm happy with progress currently. Also picked up some JE Design side skirts off another mate a few months back, they've been sat in my unit collecting dust.. maybe I'll do something with them soon too.. 😅

Can't think of anything else that've done but I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting, shall update this soon with any pictures I find since I last updated and try and update this more often, I know, I've said that a lot and its not happened so don't expect much for a few months again!🤣

Thanks for reading, Lewis!☺️

Edited by Lewiss_Lupo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here we are, a month later... not a huge amount of progress since last time as I've been super busy with college assignments, finishing up jobs and exams all at the same time, nearly all done now but due to Covid-19, we're all stuck inside at home so I can't work on the Lupo. :(

However I did bring some bits home with me from the unit so I wasn't bored over the 3 weeks we have to stay home. Rear beam needs the power flex bushes fitting and the gti spoiler is currently bing worked on, almost ready for some fibreglass to start going on once I've finished shaping the foam how I want! Just before the outbreak I managed to finish prepping the underside of the car and get the Raptor Liner on too which I was super happy about! needs cleaning off a few lines and things but its all done and I'm very happy with it!😄

I think I forgot to mention in my previous post, I bought some Polo 6N2 GTI rear brakes and refurbished them myself, happy with how they turned out, Lupo front callipers have been done the same, just need to find the right rebuild kits for both sets of brakes and sort out rear lines, also got some power flex bushes for the lower engine mount, wishbones and rear beam... not sure if I've mentioned this so I'm back tracking a bit here!🤣

And now... pictures! this is the only place I'll have posted the wheels since painting them and only a handful of friends know the colour, think yourselves lucky! ;)

Thanks for reading, Lewis! :)

E77BB9AB-6129-4C95-93AF-6783703B4D8C.jpeg.c345aa833a5f1c870666803d2f766d6c.jpeg

Lower engine mount painted with the  powerflex bushes fitted, wishbone bushes are now fitted but I dont have a photo currently.

.E8DD2F39-4078-42EB-B640-0B9BB11BF0C6.jpeg.7d1c6b6cb4892e3b0c5abce0e0f5540d.jpeg

Subframe painted gloss black

6D698FC6-A9C6-4A6E-B6E2-54FD78CDFFE2.jpeg.d767c7e57db2f826d9762a7fbe6172b8.jpeg

The BBS after i finished painting them, couldn’t be happier with these, over the moon with them!

F82D781D-1632-4D86-BD1D-E115BDE00BF3.jpeg.cf889f9b858c9761423d7250b2836a5a.jpeg

Black spiked wheel bolts, need a bit of polish as they’re supposed to be glossy

4C2CDE29-1B63-4179-865C-B46691AAC07F.jpeg.942636b97eeaba527fa552cd4be83442.jpeg

Mock up fitting of the BBS with a 1.5” dish, will not be running these dishes but hopefully the fitment will be similar with a touch of camber 😅5881680E-A251-47A6-B042-104EF3D75B48.jpeg.25456d0b6abe1228856526bc1836251f.jpeg

Before and after of the Polo GTI rear calipers

98AA5236-EA7C-4471-A6A4-2965AA418C97.jpeg.8b400f5d0091f3d40a488b6034dca615.jpeg

Rear caliper carriers painted

A45F53B8-334A-4F63-8BFE-43B1241758EE.jpeg.3d8ac83c9ed03a112b699b0c9f9f0242.jpeg

Tinted soft blue Raptor Liner applied to the underside 🤩

F62F0238-C617-4CED-AB81-DA04B0D4E749.jpeg

back side of the Polo callipers

2C0519FA-B8C6-443E-BFF3-02AD0C77F567.jpeg

Subframe and rear beam ready to go back on the car, looking a little dull as they were covered in overspray and dust, will have a bit of a polish before they go back on.

998E2DF2-CE38-403E-82BD-B77F315179A7.jpeg

A few of the underside suspension parts and my Lupo GTI handbrake cables, rear shocks will be cleaned up and probably painted black. The other exhaust hanger is somewhere, couldn't find it for a photo.

23BE2AF2-178E-4B44-A051-B8FC2A814D3E.jpeg

CCDC4A4F-3DA3-4597-AF9B-13A4F66AB70A.jpeg

Edited by Lewiss_Lupo