Lewis' Soft Blue Lupo

Lewiss_Lupo

First off, just like to wish everyone on Club Lupo a happy new year!:D

and now... im in need of some help, i have got myself some new indicators (philips silver vision) and headlights (OSRAM nightbreaker unlimited) i thought i would have a go at swapping the indicators but the furthest i got was pulling the electric cables out and that was a pain itself as it didnt want to budge! after that i couldnt seem to get the rest to move or see where the bulb goes in! pictures would be greatly appreciated or if someone could send me a link in the right direction! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a great deal happening recently, i got my indicator bulbs fitted, mud flaps fitted and finally all the wheels painted.

Glad it all looks the same now! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Dont seem to be very active on this anymore, but i'll try get more posted up! ^_^

since christmas, i've set too  and tried to get stuff done, just little things. Yesterday i found myself painting the rear pop-out window grommets. the passenger side is just drying as i type this up and will be fitted again soon!

image_zpsjh8njxlp.jpeg

Looks like its drowning in lacquer but it wasnt! :lol:

I have been speaking to a guy that also used to own a Lupo, he offered me a set of JBW starmags for a very good price! They were recently refurbished and repolished by himself. I am considering them for "summer wheels". He also works as a painter for Volkswagen and i may be getting my bumpers resprayed soon to get rid of the scratches and different coloured paint that the previous owner has clearly tried to cover up.

Heres a picture of the starmags...

image_zpsfhrtrhmd.jpeg

They look in good condition, but im not sure what the tires are like, but they shouldnt be too hard to replace! :D

Thanks for reading!

image_zpselygyjcw.jpeg

image_zpskzhodsdz.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So finally after months of not having a working drivers side window, i got it sorted. This meant i could put my  G3 wind deflectors on that i have had now since Christmas!

image_zpsbjpgdtok.jpeg

With the weather being as British as ever... i got round to cleaning and waxing on the few decent days that it wasnt raining... I used DATWAX and its the second wax i've ever used and i love it! The smell is awesome and its incredibly easy to apply and take off again! 

image_zpsh0kuyubi.jpeg

Thats all for now! ^_^

image_zpswvrhgjhq.jpeg

image_zpsyn5dhnmd.jpeg

• Like 1

Since today is basically my cars birthday, i decided to go out and take some photo's.  I thought i would try my fisheye as well but this seems to have made the edges a bit blurry.

1_zps53fezrrc.jpg

4_zpsjmihszi1.jpg

7_zpsjf3nldhd.jpg

5_zps0movlkzc.jpg

6_zpskenbbgpp.jpg

2_zpsewyhkam6.jpg

3_zpsycex0f1q.jpg

would also appreciate if you could follow me on instagram too? @lewis_lupo :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So over the past couple of days, i've been stripping my interior door cards and parcel shelf and retrimming them... Again... I much prefer this than the black material i used before! Heres a few pictures of what i've been up to!:D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2016 at 8:52 PM, jparkes43 said:

love that!!

james

Me too! :lol:

On 11/04/2016 at 10:52 AM, myles983 said:

Looks quite nice that :)

Thank you! :rolleyes:

Got a few more bits painted today, should have pictures up tomorrow!

On another note.. i know its all the way in august, but is anyone on here going to VW Festival? Im actually thinking of applying to the show and shine, i dont mid if i dont get accepted but its worth a try! would make my year if i got accepted for it! :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I forgot to upload the pictures of my interior, but heres the best one, even this is bad quality! :paperbag:

DSCN3993.JPG

Not much has been done since i painted the air vents and the temperature setting surround... whatever its called. :unsure:

DSCN3986.JPGDSCN3987.JPG

Im currently waiting for the weather to get a bit better so i can start to work on a boot build! will only be something simple seeing as its my first go but i may get round to doing something a bit better in the future! :D 

Thanks for reading!:D

15 hours ago, Dubster said:

Looking good!

I love the tartan cloth :)

Cheers! Its one of my favourite things about the car now! :lol:

im currently cutting my boot build down to size, wont be perfect fit but im doing it the best i can, my neighbour has just given me his old amp aswell so he's made my life a lot easier! Wont be uploading pictures of it until i've finished but i have everything i need, just waiting on the sub to be delivered next week!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question! Has anyone got new rear plate bulbs that are brighter?(Led's) and could anyone give me a link to them? Would be great if i could get them in the next few days!^_^

Boot is finished! Finally, just need to wire it all up then test it!B)

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Not updated this in a while, not a huge amount has happened, I passed my driving test on the 8th of July, the door strips have been removed, just need a good polish on the doors and rear quarter. Will update more soon!^_^

On 5/24/2016 at 11:49 PM, Lewiss_Lupo said:

Quick question! Has anyone got new rear plate bulbs that are brighter?(Led's) and could anyone give me a link to them? Would be great if i could get them in the next few days!^_^

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-WHITE-39MM-3-SMD-239-272-C5W-CANBUS-FESTOON-LED-LAMP-LIGHT-BULBS-/371648332136?hash=item5687f78168

Similar to what I have on mine. Might be worth checking on AutoBulbs Direct. Type in your reg and they give you a little thing that you can change on a car and it tells you all the different sizes. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2016 at 7:53 AM, myles983 said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-WHITE-39MM-3-SMD-239-272-C5W-CANBUS-FESTOON-LED-LAMP-LIGHT-BULBS-/371648332136?hash=item5687f78168

Similar to what I have on mine. Might be worth checking on AutoBulbs Direct. Type in your reg and they give you a little thing that you can change on a car and it tells you all the different sizes. 

Thank you, i'll have a look in the morning!

• Like 1

On 21/07/2016 at 5:54 AM, 666DUB said:

Did you ever get those Starmags ? nice alloys them.

No i didnt, he had sold them already when i asked about them again! They were nice though, have some others on the wish list though! :D

• 2 months later...

Its been a while since i last updated this! Not too much has happened really, had a rear hub replaced at the end of august for the new wheels to be able to go on properly, some more interior plastics were painted cream, i got a new headunit for my birthday and finally, my horn doesnt want to work when i push it and thats about it really! If anyone could give me any ideas as to what to do about my horn, that would be appreciated! ^_^ (Already checked fuse and its fine)

And now.. Pictures!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Should have a few updates coming this weekend! Probably have a mini photo shoot as well! :D 

So the weekend just gone has been spent in my grandads garage going over the paint with my machine polisher. Very proud of my results to say im not very experienced with polishing by machine! The paint just looks 1000x better than it used to without all the swirls and a lot less scratches. 

Last week i also fitted my wiper delete from ' Kill All Wipers' and it makes the rear end look much smoother. Glad i dont have a wiper to pull any stickers off now too!:lol:

Have a few pictures...

IMG_0918.JPG

Sticker stack will be updated as i go to shows, i like to buy stickers and save them until i find somewhere to put them!

IMG_0919.JPGIMG_0909.JPG

'Broke Boys' sticker was took off the front window and replaced with...

IMG_0910.JPGIMG_0911.JPG

A chrome 'Keep it clean' sticker!:clap:

I forgot to take pictures after each stage of polishing but heres a few from sealing the paint...

IMG_0914.JPGIMG_0916.JPGIMG_0915.JPGIMG_0917.JPG

Autog Glym Extra Gloss Protection was used to seal the paint and a coat of Datwax to top it off.

And after all my hard work and all the effort put into it, i decided to treat myself to a nice chinese for dinner... And of course i took a couple of pictures.

IMG_0920.JPGIMG_0923.JPG

Photos dont do the paint any justice, looks a lot better in the day light as well. Need to get better with my photography skills but it was only a quick picture! ^_^ 

Cades wheels should be going on again when the weather gets better, along with new discs and pads!

IMG_0908.JPG