Lewis' Soft Blue Lupo

Lewiss_Lupo

So after owning my Lupo for just under a month, and after reading quite a few build threads, i have decided to do my own.

She is a 02 reg, soft blue, 1.4 16v Lupo. My first car. :thumbsup:

image.jpg2_zpsckhe01fj.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsr7kvfnuf.jpg

So since owning her, shes been cleaned inside and out around 4 times and i havent had her a month yet!

i mean... who likes to own a dirty car anyway? ;)

Any way, apart from all the cleaning i've done, i managed to take our the drivers side air vent, the seat handles and the binnacle and paint them gloss black.

The binnacle didnt turn out as good as i expected because the lacquer started to run down and dried like it, but at least its gloss black now? :thumbsup:

primer...

image_zpshwl4odvg.jpeg

painted and fitted again...

image_zps2musu9ke.jpeg

when i got the car, it only came with a passenger side seat handle, so i set to and ordered 2 brand new ones.

found them on amazon if anyone else needs some?

image_zpsjtqhafdf.jpeg

i also decided to remove and paint the covers that they slot into on the actual seat...

image_zpsxrtsfkfj.jpeg

and finally... i didnt want just gloss black air vents i decided to add a bit of a sparkle to it and added blue glitter! :tongueout:

image_zpschxbfuw8.jpeg

and fitted...

image_zpsuulmb6cv.jpeg

heres one after i finished cleaning! :shades:

image_zpsxjerrorw.jpeg

i also got this through the post the other day, just need to remove my door cards then i can re trim them!

image_zpsm4ioz2gg.jpeg

sorry for such a long post, i'll be quiet for a bit now!

what do you guys think? :wave:

Edited by Lewiss_Lupo
  • Like 2

Thanks man, the name is also of the number plate because i couldnt think what to call her... PK02... so i called her Peko! :)

• Like 1

so the wheels are being painted soon, not much has happened just getting some more bits painted... that was until i ran out of black spray! :doh: Also had a bit of an idea on what i would like to paint my engine cover like! :)

Edited by Lewiss_Lupo

Where did you get them from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301544927516

this link, its from ebay!

makes the interior so much brighter!

been cleaning again since about 10 this morning, im trying to get rid of most of these swirl marks i can see! i hate seeing them when i walk around my car! anyone got any tips on how to get rid? was also looking at machine polishers?

Only way really is to machine polish them out. That or by hand but you'll have arms like Popeye by the end. You could use a filler like poorboys black hole for a temporary fix. Basically it works by filling in the light scratches to give the appearance of perfect paint. This followed by a good sealant should see you good for several months

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So i havent been online for a while, and not much has really happened to the Lupo.i have managed to get the rear doorcards and c pillars retrimmed in black crushed velvet material but sadly i dont have any pictures at the moment, will hopefully get some in the morning!

image_zps6910x6dn.jpeg

I have added a couple more stickers though! :tongueout:

image_zpsxh24dhig.jpeg

Also got these today and some new cloths, tried them out and they are brilliant! glass cleaner is so much better than the other glass product... forgot what its called...

and the interior cleaner also works great, had a mark on the passenger seat and its gone completely now! they look a lot cleaner too!

Edited by Lewiss_Lupo

Finally got pictures of the interior. :thumbup:

started a new little project... wheels, white wheels! :shifty:

just got one finished today, i'll admit, its not the best paint job and im not a professional painter, i just prefer white steelies rather than the trim...

will hopefully have pictures after the weekend!

image_zpsftsojwpv.jpeg

parcel shelf

image_zpsexcwtgr3.jpeg

rear door cards

image_zpswo1h0e8c.jpeg

and the c-pillars.

could sort of do with some inspiration for the roof lining... wont get round to it straight away as its getting darker and colder and im having less time to be working outside... pictures of roof linings or a material would be great, thanks for reading!

:thumbsup:

Finally got pictures of the interior. :thumbup:

started a new little project... wheels, white wheels! :shifty:

just got one finished today, i'll admit, its not the best paint job and im not a professional painter, i just prefer white steelies rather than the trim...

will hopefully have pictures after the weekend!

image_zpsftsojwpv.jpeg

parcel shelf

image_zpsexcwtgr3.jpeg

rear door cards

image_zpswo1h0e8c.jpeg

and the c-pillars.

could sort of do with some inspiration for the roof lining... wont get round to it straight away as its getting darker and colder and im having less time to be working outside... pictures of roof linings or a material would be great, thanks for reading!

:thumbsup:

Looks tidy!

How difficult was this ?

Thanks, and not too hard, you just need patience! it took overall about and hour with my mums hair dryer to get the stock material off then its just getting some heat resistant glue and sticking it on, its quite simple actually!

Im sort of thinking of a new material that i will do the front door cards in then if i like it enough i'll do all of the above again! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

front%20end_zpsrlzy5sjz.jpg

So i finally got round to painting the wheels, well two of them. :doh: I didnt think i would need as much paint but i managed to run out.

got a couple of bits on the way that should arrive sometime this week,

-wheel caps

-genuine mudflaps (lucky find on ebay! :thumbsup: )

was hoping to find a polo aerial, the short ones but i dont know the part code? anyone got it, would be great help! :yes:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work on the interior trim painting.

Its actually re trimmed! I put a new material on, thinking of changing it some time in the new year though? Not sure on a material

Nothing much has changed since i painted the wheels! Due to crappy weather i cant seem to get anything done! :(

Im also looking for some new lights? Nothing too fancy just something to make it brighter in the evenings! :)

Nothing much has changed since i painted the wheels! Due to crappy weather i cant seem to get anything done! :(

Im also looking for some new lights? Nothing too fancy just something to make it brighter in the evenings! :)

If you're looking for something just a bit brighter, maybe some Osram bulbs.

If you're looking for something a lot brighter, probably better to go with a HID kit.

If you're looking for something just a bit brighter, maybe some Osram bulbs.

If you're looking for something a lot brighter, probably better to go with a HID kit.

Osram nightbreakers any good?

• 4 weeks later...

Havent posted on here for a good while now but i'll have pleanty more updates after christmas! and in the new year! :)

• Like 1

So as its raining today, i decided to have a look at what i can do to keep me occupied over the winter. I've taken off my drivers side lower door card as i planned to paint them gloss black to match the other parts of the interior, but i noticed its all held together with plastic welds? anyone got any advice on how to separate it because i really dont fancy trying to paint it with the speaker grille and pocket net attached! :huh: 

image_zpsxxtryikd.jpeg

Edited by Lewiss_Lupo